Home

Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

This is a discussion on Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azcardinal32
6. better negotiations maybe like Head Coach 09 but i want to be able to choose the length of the contract
With the caveat that I didn't play any franchise the past year (almost all NCAA dynasty and Madden superstar), I remember always wanting more customization in regards to contracts. For example, if I have a ton of cap space in the current year, I'd like to be able to offer a contract (or even restructure existing contracts) allowing me to frontload a lot of the money so that cap space doesn't go to waste.

Conversely, I'd like to backload contracts if I don't have a ton of cap space right away or maybe I'm just not entirely sold on the player. Obviously a potential free agent wouldn't like the offer as much, but still.

From the sounds of it, that stuff isn't in Madden's franchise mode yet, and I'd love to see it.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Not even going to reveal how I feel about TO, but do I really need to go through the history books to show how other TEAM-MATES have responded to him? Yeah, he might even be a HOFer, so why would the Cowboys release him? Because he's self serving. He thinks he in place of we, and people don't deal well with that. The bills could go 19-0 this season and I'm sure there would still be a thing with someone...

It's well known, that the majority of owens teammates love him
Old 04-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #11
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
It's well known, that the majority of owens teammates love him
good god, I'm not bashing Owens.... I'm just saying, he has historically been the BIGGEST DISTRACTION IN THE NFL!!! Majority, not all of them... I understand the MOST of his team mates love him, he works hard, plays hard and wants to win. and yet... look at the mans history.. I'm saying that there are many players like this, he is just the poster boy. Does McNabb want him back? What about Witten?

"you can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"

I think honest abe was thinking of you fine folks here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

After reading your posts about team distractions I can see where it may be difficult to implement that into the game for current players.

(Simply because the real life player may not like being represented as such)
I don't think it would be too much to put that type of thing in for the draft classes.

As far as Owens goes, he is consistently a distraction. Even if he is behaving - he is still going to be the target of media trying to set him off.

Last edited by marktg30; 04-21-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
After reading your posts about team distractions I can see where it may be difficult to implement that into the game for current players.

(Simply because the real life player may not like being represented as such)
I don't think it would be too much to put that type of thing in for the draft classes.

All Madden needs to do is implement a system similar to nba 2k8

it was perfect.. different personality categories, and it how they reacted depended on the role you gave them before the season(which could be changed at anytime) and the amount of playing time they received..

Gave this example before, but say you're picking late in the first round, and have two very good wideouts,but want to add another threat to your offense, and the bpa in the draft is a wr with a "expressive" personality.. well before you draft him, you would have to realize he would be your number 3, and might not see the ball as much as he wants, which would lead to a decrease in his ratings, and a decrease in team overall (which would hurt others progression)

so at the draft, you might take another position, or a wr who has a "laid back personality" and would know his role on the team better

gives another layer to stratagey, and really draws you into your franchise

Andy would love to hear if this is even doable from one of the Devs, and Andy would love to hear from one person here who doesn't like this idea

EA Sports, Pm Andy your salary offer, hours a week Andy would be required to work, and start date, and Andy will let you know by the end of the week
Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Rookie

I would just like to see the Franchise aspect of the game get to the point where it's like NFL Head Coach '09 with Madden playability. I honnestly feel that HC did 90% perfect on how things were done in that game... Every hing from asst coaches aspects, practices and player development, team stats and the roadmap, along with everything else they had in there.

The only things that I would like to see some work done to are the player contracts... I agree the contract length should be something that you can determin (in part), not only that, but being able to determin what kind of contract (front loaded, back loaded, even) would do a lot for cap managment. I'd also like to see "no-trade" clauses, and option years added into the mix as well.

Stuff we don't need in there... Setting prices for tickets, food, flyers, parking... It's a waste of time since everyone alwasys just set it up to the highest "normal" levels and that was that. To a lesser extent I would also venture to say that we don't need to focus so much on anything "owner" driven if it means that we can have deeper coaching options....

Last edited by Swingking77; 04-21-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #15
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

I just want it to work properly, make it hard to get FA all the time for uber team, and have the PU not act like morons.

And progression working is a must.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBernard
All Madden needs to do is implement a system similar to nba 2k8

it was perfect.. different personality categories, and it how they reacted depended on the role you gave them before the season(which could be changed at anytime) and the amount of playing time they received..

Gave this example before, but say you're picking late in the first round, and have two very good wideouts,but want to add another threat to your offense, and the bpa in the draft is a wr with a "expressive" personality.. well before you draft him, you would have to realize he would be your number 3, and might not see the ball as much as he wants, which would lead to a decrease in his ratings, and a decrease in team overall (which would hurt others progression)

so at the draft, you might take another position, or a wr who has a "laid back personality" and would know his role on the team better

gives another layer to stratagey, and really draws you into your franchise

Andy would love to hear if this is even doable from one of the Devs, and Andy would love to hear from one person here who doesn't like this idea

EA Sports, Pm Andy your salary offer, hours a week Andy would be required to work, and start date, and Andy will let you know by the end of the week
Stop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »