Home

Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

This is a discussion on Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Franchise Fanatics - What Else Is Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Considering Donny and Josh have been hard at work on fixing Franchise Mode. I am curious what other parts of an Real Life NFL Franchise you think should be in the mode within the next few iterations of Madden.

I would like to see practice squads and interaction with Agents when dealing with player contracts/trades, etc.
Personally I don't understand why we can't change or alter the structure of contracts. Every other sports game give you choices about front loading, base, back end, incentives...etc...in madden you can only back end a contract so a player will always earn the most money in his last year...it's been like this in Madden for years and it needs to be changed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 25

Hoping for ALot of things we have been missing, but....

If i could get a practice squad and the off-season "mean" something, make FA less of a guarentee and Team Chemistry would make me very happy. I am keeping my hopes VERY LOW at this point, but who knows?

I personally dont think we will get what we really want/deserve until the NEXT generations of consoles hit.

The perfect BLEND would be to fuse Madden and Head Coach together. Which is NOT possible with the hardware we have now (i dont think).

Just my .02
Old 04-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #43
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Not even going to reveal how I feel about TO, but do I really need to go through the history books to show how other TEAM-MATES have responded to him? Yeah, he might even be a HOFer, so why would the Cowboys release him? Because he's self serving. He thinks he in place of we, and people don't deal well with that. The bills could go 19-0 this season and I'm sure there would still be a thing with someone...
No offense, but this is a load of crap lol. TO just wants to win and believes that if teams give him the ball more, he can make it happen, and for the most part, he's right. TO didn't ruin the Cowboys, Phillips and Romo did. TO didn't ruin the 49ers, they were just blessed to have Jerry Rice and made the most out of Garcia for awhile. And TO didn't ruin the Eagles, he almost carried them on his back to a Superbowl when McNabb choked.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

I want to manage the day to day aspects of running a team. I think a calendar is absolutely necessary to make this happen. In the future, I would like to go through training camp, picking the drills and areas of practice. Then, I would like to play these, as little mini games. Nothing too deep, hell just a Mario Party type game would work for me.

I want to talk with coordinators at the end of the week to go over the progression from the last week, and the gameplan for the next week. I want to have to make the tough choices on who to cut and who to keep. I want to know the names of my 7th round draft choices as I do my 1st rounder. I want to be able to keep him on the practice squad. I WANT A PRACTICE SQUAD.

I want a season long injury report from a trainer, you know, the ones Owner mode forced you to hire and never meant anything to the team. I want my guys to go through hell as the season progresses, not just 2 or 3 long time or season ending injures and everyone else is 100%. I want a stamina rating meant more for long term than for in-game.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #45
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
No offense, but this is a load of crap lol. TO just wants to win and believes that if teams give him the ball more, he can make it happen, and for the most part, he's right. TO didn't ruin the Cowboys, Phillips and Romo did. TO didn't ruin the 49ers, they were just blessed to have Jerry Rice and made the most out of Garcia for awhile. And TO didn't ruin the Eagles, he almost carried them on his back to a Superbowl when McNabb choked.
Ok, so when to showed up romo and phillips cried and were affected. god people want to defend this guy so badly they cant even see that I'M NOT BASHING HIM. therefore, give romo the personality of big baby, and if TO doesn't get the ball two weeks in a row then have him become one... good lord, this isn't "TO SUCKS, MAKE HIM A CRYBABY" it's "some players don't get along, can we replicate that somehow"

get over the fact that I chose the most obvious example of this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #46
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
I want to manage the day to day aspects of running a team. I think a calendar is absolutely necessary to make this happen. In the future, I would like to go through training camp, picking the drills and areas of practice. Then, I would like to play these, as little mini games. Nothing too deep, hell just a Mario Party type game would work for me.

I want to talk with coordinators at the end of the week to go over the progression from the last week, and the gameplan for the next week. I want to have to make the tough choices on who to cut and who to keep. I want to know the names of my 7th round draft choices as I do my 1st rounder. I want to be able to keep him on the practice squad. I WANT A PRACTICE SQUAD.

I want a season long injury report from a trainer, you know, the ones Owner mode forced you to hire and never meant anything to the team. I want my guys to go through hell as the season progresses, not just 2 or 3 long time or season ending injures and everyone else is 100%. I want a stamina rating meant more for long term than for in-game.
Well said.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
The obvious concern with this is the fun factor.
If your in franchise mode to begin with, this IS the fun factor. The more detailed the better, as long as the interface is easy to use franchise junkies want more more more.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #48
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
If your in franchise mode to begin with, this IS the fun factor. The more detailed the better, as long as the interface is easy to use franchise junkies want more more more.

agreed, and whatever the casual user can't handle, they can automate.

I want more, more, more!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »