Home

What happen to scaling ratings?

This is a discussion on What happen to scaling ratings? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
What happen to scaling ratings?

Reguardless of how you rank your top ten players I thought the point of scaling down ratings where so people who would normally be an 87or so would be more like a 79 or so. So the 90's ratings can be reserved for the elite and still allow them room to improve. From just the few numbers I have seen these are still way to high. There should be no 99OVR at all there should be less then a dozen players over 95! This seems to be the same as last year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: What happen to scaling ratings?

They also said the Elite players were not going to change that much. Hence why we have "so many" 90+ overall players.

Couldnt this have been posted in the other 2-3 ratings thread?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
They also said the Elite players were not going to change that much. Hence why we have "so many" 90+ overall players.

Couldnt this have been posted in the other 2-3 ratings thread?
Maybe! I see a bunch of threads with similiar topics and got carried away LOL!

close this thread please.

Old 04-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I was going to post a thread on this topic today. There are way too many 99 ovr rated players already. I thought the point of scaling players was to allow truly elite players to exist. There seem to be way too many players above 95+ and it shouldn't be like this. All-Pro players should be 90+ and Hall of Fame players should be 95+. They need to be scaled back even more.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I was going to post a thread on this topic today. There are way too many 99 ovr rated players already. I thought the point of scaling players was to allow truly elite players to exist. There seem to be way too many players above 95+ and it shouldn't be like this. All-Pro players should be 90+ and Hall of Fame players should be 95+. They need to be scaled back even more.
Ill post this again...

They look players that were overall 80-85s and made them into 60-75 overalls. So now the average starting player is somewhere in the range of 60-80 meaning those players that play elite head and shoulder above the rest stand out. There are alot of players that stand out in the league. They said its like 50 players that are 95+. I would expect a similar number for in the 90 up to 95. This means if you manage to get a player with elite talent he will stand out in comparison to your other 70 overall starters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

One thing mention here, last year there were 8 players rated 99 overall. This year 6 not counting QBs, Oline and special teams. There will be atleast one QB and probably one or 2 olinemen. They took none of the top players down. I am hoping that they at least dropped these "elite" players in their areas of weakness. I hope guys like tom and drew won't have top arm strength just because they are considered elite QBs.

I hope AD won't be given like a 97 trucking rating, he is a strong runner but when compared with the truely powerful backs in the league he isn't really up there.

I hope fitz doesn't have high 90s speed, speed isn't really the main part of his game. He should probably be low 90s in this area.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

did you not see d. hall? he is what like a 68 now. Thats scaled down.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Ill post this again...

They look players that were overall 80-85s and made them into 60-75 overalls. So now the average starting player is somewhere in the range of 60-80 meaning those players that play elite head and shoulder above the rest stand out. There are alot of players that stand out in the league. They said its like 50 players that are 95+. I would expect a similar number for in the 90 up to 95. This means if you manage to get a player with elite talent he will stand out in comparison to your other 70 overall starters.
Thats just half the battle in my book. They should have left room for players to grow and limited the overall number of elite players in M10 IMO. P.Manning can still be elite at 96 and Fitzgerald at 95.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »