Home

madden playbook

This is a discussion on madden playbook within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: madden playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I felt this was still one of the biggest soar spots. IMO, the defensive playbook is dead until they implement tiered play calling. I doubt they could ever get enough plays in to make up for that. There are not enough of even the simplest combinations. A man cover team like Philly does so many things in front of their man coverages. I doubt there are more than 10 man defenses in Philly's 4-3 sets. There are 7 different LB blitz combinations alone... times DB blitz combinations, times stunt combinations...

Offensively, there needs to be many more plays, and many existing plays need to be duplicated in similar formations. No reason I should have to be in the 'I' to run an iso, but have to go 'strong I' to run off tackle and 'weak I' to run a counter. I don't remember the playbooks exactly, so please don't tell me the 'I' does have an off tackle play. My point is that most run plays from the 'I' should also be in the strong & weak versions as well. And vice versa.

A team like Philly should have screen plays from EVERY formation. I should never have to back out of a formation to search for a screen in their playbook.

Goal line plays on both offense & defense need help. At least another front is needed on defense. And there needs to be more than one formation on offense.

And special teams needs a lot of help as well. Basics like overloading the middle for a FG block were still missing.

Didn't someone mention that there's a disk space issue?
Yeah. It's a gradual progression. Because each playbook has a limit on memory, they get to the point where they have to start taking things out if they want to add more things. I'm not opposed to them doing that for the sake of more team specificity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #26
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

LB, with regards to the QB drops--is it going to be possible to create some designed rollouts (not in a cheesey way). Can we still shift the OLine? When a QB moves to his non-dominant side will he "half roll" or still just backpedal?

Rollouts and bootlegs are a big part of passing games but I feel like they might get negated if we are stuck in drop back animations on every play.

BTW, I love the idea of having the predetermined dropbacks, I just want a diverse passing attack.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Details
Custom playbooks would be great. If the game doesn't offer that, then I hope the playbooks are at least deeper.
Definitely, there needs to be more depth.

Quote:
Offensively, there needs to be many more plays, and many existing plays need to be duplicated in similar formations. No reason I should have to be in the 'I' to run an iso, but have to go 'strong I' to run off tackle and 'weak I' to run a counter.
Yeah, that is annoying and stupid.

Quote:
My point is that most run plays from the 'I' should also be in the strong & weak versions as well. And vice versa.
Definitely.

Quote:
Didn't someone mention that there's a disk space issue?
I think so.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
LB, with regards to the QB drops--is it going to be possible to create some designed rollouts (not in a cheesey way). Can we still shift the OLine? When a QB moves to his non-dominant side will he "half roll" or still just backpedal?

Rollouts and bootlegs are a big part of passing games but I feel like they might get negated if we are stuck in drop back animations on every play.

BTW, I love the idea of having the predetermined dropbacks, I just want a diverse passing attack.
You can still slide the Oline. I think it is still possible to create user rollouts too. At least from the shotgun anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »