Home

Madden 10 Presentation Thread

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Presentation Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 10 Presentation Thread

is there already a thread on lighting? i thought there was and older one.

but i wanna know too. not a deal killer though. cuz the lighting on the helmets looks pretty good nyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansftw
is there already a thread on lighting? i thought there was and older one.

but i wanna know too. not a deal killer though. cuz the lighting on the helmets looks pretty good nyway.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-lighting.html
Old 06-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxAmazing
yeah but dynamic lighting is obiviously in the game cuz you can see self shadowing in players in the cowboy redskin pic. progressive lighting, I don't know. progressive lighitng is it going from afternoon to night as time progresses. Im sure this is covered in your dynamic lighting thread tho.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has anything been said about custom in-game stadium music?

It's in NCAA. A ton of people have posted threads on it. I PM'd Ian about it when he still had it enabled.

No response.

That usually meant they were saving it for a future reveal.

Now that E3 is here and the presentation features have been announced, we still have no confirmation of custom stadium music. It's a small thing - which also happens to already be in other EA Tech - that would greatly improve presentation.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #85
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm surprised and happy about what Ive seen so far by the presentation in Madden. I didn't expect the cutscens of coaches, fans, sidelines, after the play replays would look so good. My only thing that seems to be missing is the play by play commentary during the halftime and end of the game highlights, which I'm surprised was not added in, and also highlights during the Extra Point Show in Franchise mode. Other than that the devs have did a awsome job.

With that being said, Ian has stated that they still can add highlights during the Extra Point Show, and commentary during the highlights in the halftime show and end of the game show by DLC or a patch, since the framework for it is already started. As a group I think we need to let Ian know how much we really want this in Madden10, and not have to wait till Madden11, that way EA doesnt fall back into old habits by not putting features in the game and withholding them till next year. If they add this to Madden10, I think this will please alot of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #86
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
As a group I think we need to let Ian know how much we really want this in Madden10, and not have to wait till Madden11, that way EA doesnt fall back into old habits by not putting features in the game and withholding them till next year. If they add this to Madden10, I think this will please alot of people.
Don't forget that the NFL 2K series took three development years to hit the presentation it had in 2K5. Looking back, NFL 2K3's presentation was flashy and unique but relatively bare-bones compared to what 2K5 did. Compare both titles and you'll see a huge difference.

My point is, the presentation can only evolve. I'm more satisfied with what Madden's giving us this year than anything I've seen presentation-wise from 06-09. Ideally, 11 and 12 should build on the presentation benchmarks seen this year and become something that will exceed what we saw five years ago.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Don't forget that the NFL 2K series took three development years to hit the presentation it had in 2K5. Looking back, NFL 2K3's presentation was flashy and unique but relatively bare-bones compared to what 2K5 did. Compare both titles and you'll see a huge difference.

My point is, the presentation can only evolve. I'm more satisfied with what Madden's giving us this year than anything I've seen presentation-wise from 06-09. Ideally, 11 and 12 should build on the presentation benchmarks seen this year and become something that will exceed what we saw five years ago.

That's fine except here's my problem with your statement.

1. 2k3 to 2k5 was only 2 years.
2. The NFL 2k games were on the OLD-GEN systems. (Yes they were able to make that magic happen on old-gen)

3. We have asked for 5 years to get the halftime/postgame/weekly wrapup shows on par with 2k5, and 5 years later it still isnt there.

5 years we've been asking, next year will be 6 years. Are we going to see it next year? How is it even possible that a 5+ year old game on the old-gen consoles is still beating this year's game on next-gen consoles?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #88
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva71
That's fine except here's my problem with your statement.

1. 2k3 to 2k5 was only 2 years.
2. The NFL 2k games were on the OLD-GEN systems. (Yes they were able to make that magic happen on old-gen)

3. We have asked for 5 years to get the halftime/postgame/weekly wrapup shows on par with 2k5, and 5 years later it still isnt there.

5 years we've been asking, next year will be 6 years. Are we going to see it next year? How is it even possible that a 5+ year old game on the old-gen consoles is still beating this year's game on next-gen consoles?
1. 2K3, ESPN NFL Football and 2K5 had the ESPN presentation in it. Three titles with one cycle of development for each (hence the three year point I made). I could have included 2K2 in my original post but that did not include the kind of presentation we saw from VC after they acquired the ESPN license.

As for the other points you made, there's only one thing I can say: people expect too much. Major improvements like this take time and can only get better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »