Home

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Didn't notice Capnkill's question regarding what to do in the event of a disconnection. Who decides the winner? This happened a few times for me in '09 so I imagine it will still happen on ocassion in '10.

This needs to be answered ASAP.Unless something ******** like the 2x INT glitch or awful progression exists, I can ONLY see connection issues as a drawback to Online Franchise. If we could somehow pick the game up where we left off, or at least at the last quarter, this could be the greatest thing to ever happen to online gaming for me.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #34
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Ian, Donny, ANYONE!!!! I have a question about the web interface--Will it be just a spot for stats and depth chart management, or will it be a spot to view game recaps, news stories,etc? I say this because in the Q&A it says the commish can add a top story from the console with no mention of owners adding stories or the ability to add a story to the web site.

I am trying to get an idea as to what exactly will be on the website.
I submitted similar questions and they didn't make the cut which leads me to believe that nothing is in place for this or the web interface is still being worked out. I can honestly say working in the web site industry with the time they have left all of that could be put in place and it wouldn't even effect the core teams time. It depends how good their web team is and what type or priority it is.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
So they're working on a patch of some sort for the salary cap and contract's?
Yes it seems to be that way. But we will know more I guess later on as Ian puts out the info to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmulk
This needs to be answered ASAP.Unless something ******** like the 2x INT glitch or awful progression exists, I can ONLY see connection issues as a drawback to Online Franchise. If we could somehow pick the game up where we left off, or at least at the last quarter, this could be the greatest thing to ever happen to online gaming for me.
Almost seems like trying to find the lesser of two evils whenever you are looking at online features in any game. (FPS, Sports, RTS, etc).
Old 06-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well, I submitted a question to Ian, but seems it got left out.

Anyone know if you will be able to play a league game with a friend on the same xbox, then upload the results similar to what you could do with NCAA online dynasty last year?

This is real important to me because I really like have a few of my friends that come over a lot in the same league as me and to have to make him go home so we can play the game would suck. Especially since he has a ps3 and i have a 360.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #38
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Thrilling blog! (Yes, thrilling.)

This is really exciting info, and it's just the beginning. Online Franchise will evolve and improve over time.

I'm ecstatic. My real world productivity this fall may reach an all-time low.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #39
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Couldn't we always institute our own salary cap within a given Franchise, with the Commish doling out penalties and such. Sort of like they explained with Free Agency, there are ways to make things happen.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #40
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
I think they just did in the new blog.

The commissioner will have the option to Add/Drop players at will during the offseason (this is a website exclusive feature). I can give you an example of what we are already doing here at the office in our online franchise…Each team in the league is forced to give up five 70+ OVR players to free agency (we all agreed on the CPU team players to release). We then took that list, and did a quick free agency draft with that list of players. The commish then went into the Commissioner Options screen and add/dropped the players to the new teams. While this is not exactly ideal, it does give those folks who are looking for a very realistic Franchise experience a way to have offseason player movement every year.

I can work with that. It's like having two drafts in a sense. And this would force you to "think" as an owner as to who you keep and cut. I'm fine with it knowing it will be improved upon in the near future. Remember, Online Franchise is server based meaning we won't necessarily have to wait until 2011 for this to be changed.
I like that idea too of having to drafts i guess. itll just be a lil more work for the commish to handle but at least they gave us the tools to do it.. Thanks

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »