Home

PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

This is a discussion on PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #41
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: PS3 Price Cut in August Timed with Madden Launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
not to mention the console itself is basically an annual throwaway piece of garbage. but hey, if you like supporting companies that produce horridly unreliable hardware, then more power to you.
lol and yet you support Sony after the DRE errors with the PS2 and having to turn the PS1 upside down to get it to read the discs?

Seems that a lot of people forget about the problems that Sony systems were known for in previous gens.

Also, both the 360 and PS3 have a good future in games which was shown at E3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
lol and yet you support Sony after the DRE errors with the PS2 and having to turn the PS1 upside down to get it to read the discs?

Seems that a lot of people forget about the problems that Sony systems were known for in previous gens.

P.S. how do you know he even had a PS2 or PS1??? maybe he jumped over from Nintendo or Microsoft...

Also, both the 360 and PS3 have a good future in games which was shown at E3.
lol I always have the system that doesn't have these problems...lol I had and Xbox and Gamecube last gen and this gen have a PS3...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #43
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfguy23
I owned a 360 until it crapped out with the RODeath. I have no plan to buy another one "so I don't really care." I'm sure the PS3 version will be just as much FUN TO PLAY as the 360.

continue on earthlings.......
Red Ring of death was the final blow for me as well. No regrets moving over to ps3 for over a year now (same console NO problems) and didn't have to worry about a-la-carte accessories!
Old 06-10-2009, 05:50 PM   #44
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

My 360 lasted over a year before it got RROD, but MS fixed it free of charge. My PS3 lasted 3 months -the disc eject stopped working. Both are great systems, but I use my xbox 360 99% of the time..I prefer the controller and online setup much more. I'll turn on the PS3 again when Uncharted 2 comes out, which looks absolutely phenomenal.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

My honest opinion!

The Xbox 360 cost more! After you pay for Online each year $50 x lets say 5 years=$250

$250 + $199.99,$299.99,and $399.99= $450,$550,$650

Add in batteries or recharge pack,wifi adapter if you want it(Can't go back after using PS3) and you have a expensive system with No Blue Ray or HD DVD

PS3 is the best bang for the buck EASILY!!!

Yes most multi player games do run SLIGHTLY BETTER actually most the human eye probably can't see.

They both have basically the same titles but PS3 takes over with it's great exclusives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #46
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think so, this is not the ideal cut Sony is thinking of. In my guess, they're probably cut the price right before the release of Uncharted 2. Even though Madden is still a big contender, i don't think it can move consoles like it could of/did for the ps2 era.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:30 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 27

I have seen multiple people say that the PS3 doesn't have great exclusives....well you have InFamous, MLB 09, MAG(256 player online) The Uncharted series, the GOW series, MGS4, Killzone 2, Buzz TV is very fun, LittleBigPlanet, The Motorstorm series is pretty popular, Grand Turismo 5, Heavenly sword was supposed to be pretty good(haven't played) The Ratchet&Clank series, Resistasnce 2, Resistance: fall of man, Socom: confronation(hugely underated due to early game bugs fixed by patches) Now tell me again that they don't have good exclusives...it's not about quanity it is about quality with exclusive games and these games sure do have that...

Currently Playing: Mortal Kombat & Portal 2
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 8

PS3 for $50 off at Amazon today. Take advantage of this price cut and pick one up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...=operasport-20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »