Home

So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

This is a discussion on So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #73
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: So, I decided to rent Madden 09 (PS2) for spits and giggles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They look fine to me. In fact, with the graphics settings all on highest settings, it rivals the NG Maddens visually.....JMO.
By sheer resolution it can look nice. But the textures in the game are circa 2000 standard (256x256 being the dominant res), and the polygon count in models is said to be lower than the poly count in NG helmets (in any case, it's low by today's standards).

Doesn't look bad, but PC gaming has moved on quite a bit since Madden PC last had its graphical update, which was 2003 or so. The thing is though 95% of gameplay is far and wide views, so you can't really tell the textures and models are dated most of the time.

Last edited by Nza; 06-22-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #74
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
I would like to get the PS2 version, but $40.00? I mean, really? It would be one thing if it were seriously worked on and upgraded but it's probably going to be a straight up port from last year with a roster update.

That game shouldn't sell for more then $19.99 IMO.
I agree, I dont think any new sports game on the PS2 should be more than $20 because a lot of them are just barely more than a roster update.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #75
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I agree, I dont think any new sports game on the PS2 should be more than $20 because a lot of them are just barely more than a roster update.
see thats what i thought NCAA and Madden 09 were going to be but their were alot of great gameplay additions and made it more fun...PURSUIT ANGLES alone made NCAA and MADDEN 10 times better

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Sweet! Buy it new if you can - helps our bottom line.
Are you guys still working on the running animations ?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #77
MattUMD224

OVR:

geez just popped it in and played some of my old franchise and good i love it...played against Miami and my favorite imported rookie Keith Fitgurgh lit me up again.....that damn progression bumped him up another point after this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »