Home

Auto Instant Replays - How Important?

This is a discussion on Auto Instant Replays - How Important? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #57
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Auto Instant Replays - How Important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I just watched some of the new E3 gameplay vids that were posted today. I saw tons of big plays, but not one auto instant replay. To me, not only is that unacceptable, but it's unbelievable. I can't imagine how a developer could let instant replays go the way of Chia pets and pet rocks. That got me thinking; is it possible that when they set up the game to be played at E3, they set the auto instant replay switch to off?
Man, always looking on the brightside....i luv it
Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #58
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Man, always looking on the brightside....i luv it
Grasping at straws, my friend
Old 06-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #59
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I want to see replays and hear commentary on them after almost every play, just like on Sundays. But...

I want the play calling screen to be smaller & transparent and have the replays play behind that. I'd only want big/amazing runs/passes/returns and TDs to actually interupt play calling.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #60
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Honestly, whenever I have a big play, I go right to replay mode and dissect the play. I never just watch the auto replay. Maybe this is some old habit of retrofitting a replay system. Then again, I also turn off commentary and just do commentating in my head.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #61
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Big difference. In NHL 09, you're not choosing a play after every stoppage, and you can go 5 minutes without any kind of stoppage at all. If I had a replay after every 3 yard run, incomplete pass, etc., I'd become quite frustrated that I'm constantly needing to plow through it. Cut scenes that play while I'm selecting my play are different.
That's probably a good reason to add the OFF switch to auto replays. The holy grail of the auto replay is MLB09. My goodness they nailed it!! They even let you turn them off if you like, AND... they have a FAST PLAY mode that cuts out all cut scenes too. If EA wants to follow a model on how to implement this, just follow this game. That way you make EVERYONE happy.
Simple as that.
Bubba4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 01:16 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll be satisfied with the option to disable auto replays as long as i can quickly press the 2 trigger buttons and it brings up manual replay (which i do after almost every successful and study the defenses)

is this in current gen madden, i kno it was in ncaa 08 current

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »