Home

NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin similar

This is a discussion on NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin similar within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin sim

i think the idea i came up with works better. aka use the R2 button as pressure sensitive passing strength the farther pressed down the harder the pass. and use the L2 as pressure sensitve trajectory the farther pressed down the straighter the pass this way u can control the speed and trajectory of your throw you have complete controll over how you want the pass to go to the receiver u still use the regular passing icons as well. it could also just be a alternative way of throwing meaning you can still do one button passes but for those of us who want more control can use the system above.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #58
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NFL Fever 2004's innovative passing"read and lead"Madden should adopt sumthin sim

Read and Lead is the best passing feature to come into a Football game...i played NFL FEVER 2004 and it was very realistic in the passing game.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #59
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Maximum Passing >> Read n' Lead.

I played Fever and I could pretty much do the same thing in APF with less buttons.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #60
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Read and Lead is the best passing feature to come into a Football game...i played NFL FEVER 2004 and it was very realistic in the passing game.
Yep. For me it isn't even close. With "Precision Passing" You are still throwing at a WR and have a set area to throw to that you can adjust to shorter, longer, etc...
With R&L you can throw anywhere on the field and it's up to you to get the ball in the right area.
Even throwing screen passes were fun to drop it in right where it needed to be. When you had a good passing game in Fever you felt good about it like you accomplished something.
Again neither system is a wrong system IMO and different players like different things but if you truly want to put the control in the gamers hands then full control>modified control.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

People who won't want to incorporate something like this or the vision cone simply don't want to because of the added skill involved.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but didn't NFL 2K game have the same thing? "Precision Passing" it was called.
A flick of the left stick enabled you to lead, underthrow, or overthrow the receiver, I believe.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #63
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

The lead passing can be accomplished with the basic left stick and button press it uses now, it already does to some extent. The game could make it more pronounced than it already is though.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #64
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
People who won't want to incorporate something like this or the vision cone simply don't want to because of the added skill involved.
I think it goes a little different.
There are different types of players.

There are those (Like me) that want ratings to matter the most when playing so that who you draft and or pick up in free agency etc.. play to their capabilities. I never control everyone on D. I pick a player (my alter ego) and that's who I control the whole game. In the years past you've always had to QB so I would be th QB and that's it. I just didn't want to have my abilities overwrite the the RB's , WR's etc.. Basically if I draft a smart player I want that to show up on the field, not my abilities.

You also have players that want to control every aspect and want thier abilities to dictate the wins or loses rather than the players on the field "by themselves".

IMO to be totally sim = Coach mode.
Then there's sim with some human element which is controlling a max on 1 player on O and D.
Then you have 1/2 sim which is controlling everything. I say 1/2 sim because the ratings like speed, strength etc.. are the same regardless if you're controlling them or not.

Anyways there are different types of sim IMO and none is any better than the rest. Do whichever gives you your fun.
I just hate it when I see people say "Why you letting the CPU control the players? Why play the game then?" Each player likes different things.
If others want to control every player fine. Just don't knock me for wanting more of a "You get what you sign/draft" player.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »