Home

Favorite Madden Game

This is a discussion on Favorite Madden Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Favorite Madden Game
Madden 04 23 28.05%
Madden 05 36 43.90%
Madden 06 8 9.76%
Madden 07 3 3.66%
Madden 08 4 4.88%
Madden 09 8 9.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #17
Rookie

tweadle's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Favorite Madden Game

08 for PS2 was the best Madden made IMO. There were a few years that were great, 05 being one, but 08 was the most polished game for PS2. Last years madden, 09, was easily the worst madden made in recent memory. First year ever that I traded my copy in for another game after the Super Bowl.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:45 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
How dare you disgrace the best Madden game in history! Madden 2005 had the best franchise mode that Madden has ever had along with better presentation (pre-game warm-ups) and players smiling and waiving in the camera. I played Madden 06, Madden 07, Madden 08, and Madden 09 for last-gen Maddens and I still think/KNOW that Madden 2005 was the best.ing about. Last-gen's Madden 09 was better than Madden 09 on the Xbox 360/PS3.
Having owned and played them too I have to ask WTF you are talking about? Honestly Madden 05 was almost unplayable, that and 2k5 came out... but i don't even want to go there. 06 and 07 were 05 fixed. It's not complicated.

I guess we are going ot have to agree to disagree. I just can't understand how a game with less features, game killing bugs like fatigue issues, and first year features that were improved upon in the next games should be thought of as better. It almost feels like saying 09 is better than 0 because it layed the ground work for 10.

I loved 04, but the offense was way unblanced. 05 fixed that and gave us formation shifts and the hit stick, but 06 went further and not only improved gameplay but added to the presentation and franchise mode. 04 was the foundation for 05, which was the foundation for 06. How is that not true? How was 06 not better?

Again I admit that some of my bias agaisnt 05 is the fact that 2k5 came out [WAY BETTER GAME] and didn't play 05 a ton, but I did play it. I also kept 05 when I bought 06 just ot compare and you can see and feel the difference.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweadle
08 for PS2 was the best Madden made IMO. There were a few years that were great, 05 being one, but 08 was the most polished game for PS2. Last years madden, 09, was easily the worst madden made in recent memory. First year ever that I traded my copy in for another game after the Super Bowl.
I can see your point, I just feel that with that 08 lost presentation features.

Oh, and the progression system in 05 was busted and was also fixed in 06 and 07.

I can understand an argument for 04 for being a great game, and 07 or 08 for being the end of the line of the legacy gen games that are "tweaked out" to the best they can be.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Having owned and played them too I have to ask WTF you are talking about? Honestly Madden 05 was almost unplayable, that and 2k5 came out... but i don't even want to go there. 06 and 07 were 05 fixed. It's not complicated.

I guess we are going ot have to agree to disagree. I just can't understand how a game with less features, game killing bugs like fatigue issues, and first year features that were improved upon in the next games should be thought of as better. It almost feels like saying 09 is better than 0 because it layed the ground work for 10.

I loved 04, but the offense was way unblanced. 05 fixed that and gave us formation shifts and the hit stick, but 06 went further and not only improved gameplay but added to the presentation and franchise mode. 04 was the foundation for 05, which was the foundation for 06. How is that not true? How was 06 not better?

Again I admit that some of my bias agaisnt 05 is the fact that 2k5 came out [WAY BETTER GAME] and didn't play 05 a ton, but I did play it. I also kept 05 when I bought 06 just ot compare and you can see and feel the difference.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I even think that Madden 2005 is better than ESPN NFL 2k5.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 PM   #21
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I even think that Madden 2005 is better than ESPN NFL 2k5.
Sounds good. truce.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 23

Madden 07 for me. I highlight stick was great to me and the double juke.

On the PS2 of course.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:32 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 19

Madden 2004, I had so much fun with that game.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #24
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

I just thought Madden 09 horrible but that's just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »