Home

Favorite Madden Game

This is a discussion on Favorite Madden Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Favorite Madden Game
Madden 04 23 28.05%
Madden 05 36 43.90%
Madden 06 8 9.76%
Madden 07 3 3.66%
Madden 08 4 4.88%
Madden 09 8 9.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2009, 01:20 AM   #41
Pro

clarkerots's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Favorite Madden Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
I think most people say Madden 2005 was the best because they switched to next-gen after that version. But Madden 09 for old-gen is everything Madden 2005 was and then some...minus custom playbooks in franchise mode and a pre-game intro.
Madden 05 was unplayable without the Manifesto. With it, it was the best simulation Madden had to offer, IMO. Most were upset over the exclusive contract because it shut out 2K from making another game. Some, like me, were upset because 06 could've been an awesome build over 05, instead of the subpar game it was due to lack of competition.

I've heard what you said about 09 before. I tried to rent it, but then went to the newspaper function for news on all the teams. Once it took me about 10 minutes to get through the whole league I had to shut the game off. I tried, but couldn't do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 01:58 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 14

2003 was the best for sure. It was the first one I ever owned and it basically taught me the rules of football. I already knew the important things but that game taught me penalties, safeties, fair catches......all that stuff. Everything was perfect. Default sliders, when people got injured, theyd wear a brace and stuff in franchise mode, taking the madden cruiser around and doing drills, and of course, the one little feature i miss the most, MADDEN CARDS!

The worst Madden was definitely 2005. I cant tell you how many times I was screwed over in a game because of a pass interference call that wasnt called because it was broken in the game.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:02 AM   #43
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden 2005 hands down! My favorite sports game period!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #44
Rookie

joepa2624's Arena

OVR: 3

I would have to say 04 simply b/c it was the game I went the deepest in a franchise in. In my Pats franchise I made it through 2009 playing every game, and to this day it's still memorable b/c I really scouted hard in 2006 and drafted #12 overall a RB named Jared Hastings that was 6'1 245lbs that ran a 4.5 and then in the 2nd round I drafted a CB named Marco Glaser that ran a 4.2 40.

Hasting won rookie of the year rushing for like 1800 yards and then was injury ridden for the next two years. In 2009, his first fully healthy season he rushed for like 1500 yards, 700ish receiving and like 20 TDs to win MVP. Glaser was a solid CB and by the 2nd year was my #1 DB making the pro bowl a couple times I think.

As the Pats I won 3 Super Bowls and have never had such a "connection" to a team in franchise in my gaming life.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #45
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ps2 version of madden 07 was the one I loved most. hopefully madden 10 will top this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 2

on the poll most of the votes around 45%!!! have 05 as the best madden ever, what i dont get is how madden 05 was the best game to you, you could even look at madden 09 and say it is bad? madden 05 was the mosty glitchy madden ever, i used to run for 500 yards a game with portis, or the falcons, not to mention if you grabbed any tall wr it was jetpack all day!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepa2624
I would have to say 04 simply b/c it was the game I went the deepest in a franchise in. In my Pats franchise I made it through 2009 playing every game, and to this day it's still memorable b/c I really scouted hard in 2006 and drafted #12 overall a RB named Jared Hastings that was 6'1 245lbs that ran a 4.5 and then in the 2nd round I drafted a CB named Marco Glaser that ran a 4.2 40.

Hasting won rookie of the year rushing for like 1800 yards and then was injury ridden for the next two years. In 2009, his first fully healthy season he rushed for like 1500 yards, 700ish receiving and like 20 TDs to win MVP. Glaser was a solid CB and by the 2nd year was my #1 DB making the pro bowl a couple times I think.

As the Pats I won 3 Super Bowls and have never had such a "connection" to a team in franchise in my gaming life.
Madden 04 was the only Madden I ever completed a franchise in(Falcons - Vick). I didn't go as far as you did joepa but I think Madden 04 has been the best Madden ever IMO.
: Eagles
MLB: Red Sox
WWE: Randy Orton
Old 07-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #48
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The one with vick on the cover. Madden 2004 i believe. I played this madden the most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »