Home

Packers vs Lions (3 vids)

This is a discussion on Packers vs Lions (3 vids) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:13 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Packers vs Lions (3 vids)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
Good video, Did the lions change their helmets? also I could barely see the Lions logo it seemed to blend in with the silver. I see the three stripes on their helmet, I thought their helmets had 2 blue stripes and one white stripe.
I liked overall presentation. I cannot wait to get my hands on this title.
I noticed that too. The logo on the helmet appeared WAY too light colored ... hardly even showed up? Definitely does not match teh real helmets.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #34
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

sigh...

That INT for a TD in the 2nd video looked awfully familiar - CPU QB's have been throwing that same INT at least since Madden 08, cause' it happens on 08 PC too.

It seems the CPU QB's just pass out to the flats like that straight to a DB when there isn't anything else around. It was something even the best QBs did too, so hopefully at least M10 is smart enough to make the more aware guys look to throw it away or scramble or something. Hell, take a sack.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:18 AM   #35
Pro

HokieB's Arena

OVR: 14

As mentioned by Tom "Magoo" Hammon in one of the vids, and as suggested by stat overlays, this is actually a Week 6 game in franchise mode.

What time do you think that game was scheduled for to warrant a sunset sky? In real life, the GB-DET Wk 6 game kicks off at 1:00, but unless that game was played on Mars, that ain't no 1:00 kickoff.

Doesn't look like it should be a 4:00 or 8:30 start either since it would be the middle of October.

Not a big deal, but I'm OCD about those little details.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 AM   #36
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkleaf
Ouch yeah..Two pick 6's in 6 minutes worth of video kind of disheartening.
I dont think you guys watched the packers vs the lions in their 1st meeting last year they had 2 pick six's faster than this...lol seriously....
Old 07-31-2009, 01:48 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yeah, the Packers intercepted Kitna like 3 times in the last 5 minutes of their first game last year, and two of those were returned for TDs. One by Woodson, one by Collins I think.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 4

Plus they were thrown by low awareness Matt Stafford I can see The Pack gettin some picks six on the rook.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:40 AM   #39
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Ok two things that really is bothing me still.

1. There is still to many ints going on in the game. and also somewhat still seeing superman DB and linebackers.

2. The rush to get the RB that has the ball is good. But the pass rush from just the front four without any blitz still seems weak. I should see my DE flying around tackles to get to the QB. Not every play. But some. I just don't feel the rush right now. But other then that I think the game looks good.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:50 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Ok two things that really is bothing me still.

1. There is still to many ints going on in the game. and also somewhat still seeing superman DB and linebackers.

2. The rush to get the RB that has the ball is good. But the pass rush from just the front four without any blitz still seems weak. I should see my DE flying around tackles to get to the QB. Not every play. But some. I just don't feel the rush right now. But other then that I think the game looks good.
Yea the pass rush is really bumming me out. I don't even see any pressures on the human side. It really is the most glaring weakness at this point. I hope the sliders can fix it, but I'm not sure they will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »