Home

Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so

This is a discussion on Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #33
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Slower speed=Realistic, I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
that's the point though we know it's slower than a real life game...

real life and PLAYING a videogame don't always match up. compared to men running around in real life there is much more going on in the video game on screen for your brain to see react to without it appearing ARCADE-ish. the series has felt like an arcade mish-mash of crap to me the past 4 years because of the speed. Nobody said it matched the real NFL game stride for stride. It "feels" more real even though it is slower.

Now if you get off on just watching the CPU play, then turn up the speed (OPTIONS yea!!) so watching it looks more real. As fr playing it and letting it develop, I'll take normal (still slower than last year) or slow, thanks
I'll take what ever speed is the most accurate representation of the real world speed of the NFL game.

Not saying that Normal is or is not an accurate representation. I will wait till I see the final version so that I know what speed, for sure, that I am actually playing at, and if it has not changed in the retail versus the demo.

I understand where you are coming from with a speed that is too fast feeling arcadey, but I think a sped that is too slow is arcadey as well. Just get very close, which again, they may have done, but that is all that I care about.

Lastly, I hate to sound like a record, but all of this you can change the speed sliders and what not is all fine and well when playing alone, but when playing another human, whether online or offline, you both can not play at the speed that you prefer. So saying don't worry if the default speed is off because you can tailor it to your liking, is of little solace. I just hope that the default is the one that is the most accurate representation.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
Well, the good news is that you can adjust the speed to your liking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Pretty much you will be able to change the sliders to make the game go faster. So chill ok. Nothing to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I LOVE the slower gamespeed, way it should have been YEARS ago. But for FAST gamespeed lovers like yourself.....Gamespeed slider makes your post 100% a waste of space.

Just the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007
i dont wanna sound like an *** but this thread is pointless. its been confirmed there will be 5 speeds...why worry about just the slower speeds?
i hate how people answer question at os. the thread is pointless because you all think every body play stupid franchise mode offline or ss mode. can we ajust the game speed online.

Last edited by leke4bears; 08-06-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #35
MVP

Klocker's Arena

Madden Head,,, good post thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
....all of this you can change the speed sliders and what not is all fine and well when playing alone, but when playing another human, whether online or offline, you both can not play at the speed that you prefer. So saying don't worry if the default speed is off because you can tailor it to your liking, is of little solace....
understood and a valid point... as noted above in Madden Head's post though you can see where 09 was unrealistically fast (according to Ian) and over the top (IMO) so hopefully they found a sweet spot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

Madden has the speed correct this year. previous years have made us be conditioned to think that the hyper speed of 09 is normal. just look at plays and animations of real life football.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #37
MVP

Klocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
Madden has the speed correct this year. previous years have made us be conditioned to think that the hyper speed of 09 is normal. just look at plays and animations of real life football.
yea the more I think about and read what Ian said, it is the ball in the air that seems more real and it is the animations themselves that used to feel sped up, now play out realistically, regardless what the 40 speeds are.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #38
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

IMHO, the slower pass speeds are one of the best improvements in Madden 10.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
that's the point though we know it's slower than a real life game...

real life and PLAYING a videogame don't always match up. compared to men running around in real life there is much more going on in the video game on screen for your brain to see react to without it appearing ARCADE-ish. the series has felt like an arcade mish-mash of crap to me the past 4 years because of the speed. Nobody said it matched the real NFL game stride for stride. It "feels" more real even though it is slower.

Now if you get off on just watching the CPU play, then turn up the speed (OPTIONS yea!!) so watching it looks more real. As fr playing it and letting it develop, I'll take normal (still slower than last year) or slow, thanks
Im not jumping to conclusions but to let you know, i have argued back and forth with "sim" players on this site about madden, what "sim" is, etc.

The huge consensus here at OS is basically represent the NFL as well as possible, that includes gamespeed, ratings, physics, catches, throws, everything.

I dont know what type of madden player you are(sim, freestyle, etc so to speak) but if you are a sim player, your statement here contradicts what I have found to be the general POV at OS as to creating a "sim" game.

The sim players want everything to be as realistic as possible, and thats fine, but it includes gamespeed as well.

Your point of its a video game, is a good point in that we all need to realize just that, its a video game. If you like the gamespeed thats fine, I hate the demo speed and want that part of the game to be made as realistic as possible.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

i just made a interception with newman in my endzone and ran it up to his in exactly 10 seconds (in the demo @ slow?!?). That was about 103 yards in 10 seconds...the world record @ 100 m is 9.7 seconds...the slow speed seems to be ok...

Last edited by Xeper84; 08-06-2009 at 05:44 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »