Home

The Unexplained Mysteries of Madden 10

This is a discussion on The Unexplained Mysteries of Madden 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Unexplained Mysteries of Madden 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
Ban me if you wish.

Every once in a while a post like this comes up from months back. You start to read the responses, particularly the hope filled and overly enthusiastic thank you's that came in addition to the M10 purchase.

I don't care how much positive you see in this game, honesty and bias are two separate things. Honesty says we got lied to, bias says we can deal with it because its common place.

I must say this whole situation has left me with a very bad taste in my mouth about EA and particularly Ian and the Dev. team. I seriously don't grasp how you treat customers like this.

You came here looking for input and you got tons, some critical and some not, but all rooted in being helpful. You renewed faith in your product by inadvertently hyping and selling it during the development phase.

Now, when pressing issues come up, when you get called out on promises unkept, you turn you back and leave. Before that you seemingly placed your hands on your hips and acted as if you had no clue what we were talking about (pursuit angles).

To any outsider is painfully clear the screw job that took place. Most of us are left looking like a group of clowns because its obvious we cared about a product more than the people making money off it.

I got given the game for free and I still feel ripped off, I cant imagine what the people who paid for it feel.

Its not about playing the game around the issues it has. Its about asking why they weren't or cant be fixed.
go play pac-man!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznaiders
go play pac-man!
I suppose you want me to go make in rain a strip club then?

If your going to take a stance against another persons opinion, please atleast express one yourself.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Most of the gripes stem from the exclusive liscense, some people just can't let go and direct all the anger to EA. I would go on that bandwagon from 06-09, but 10 has me still playing. 10 is 10 X better than it's predecessors, and I understand that is not good enough for some people.

The people that are playing the game are not posting on the forums, that's why you see so much negativity. Constructive criticism is good for the game. If people don't enjoy it, they should give out constructive criticism.

Oh, if you go into any gaming subforum, you will see gripes and a lot of them. It's difficult to sit back and compare how many gripes each gaming subforum has.

I know 2k baseball had tons of gripes and 2k10 has it's share of gripes as well, it's not just immune from the Madden Forum.
The gripes extend not only from the exclusive license, but from the fact that Madden 10 is trash. The ratings don't matter, that's been proven; I won't argue about that. A sport simulation with meaningless ratings is automatically trash because of that ; sport sims are based on ratings, that's the whole premise behind the genre . If you can lie to yourself, if you can tell yourself that you don't mind the fact that punters can pass block just as well as stud LTs, more power to you, you have a football video game to play. As of last week I don't. I was just like you 7 days ago. I told myself the people posting videos on youtube with punters on the oline were doctoring the videos, changing the ratings and sliders to make a point ; when I decided to try it myself, I saw everything they said was true. I haven't played a game since, I've only touched it to see how little Ian and company thought of us, and how bizarre things could get. I wasn't that suprised to find out that WRs can cover like corners, and corners can run routes like WRs. Olinemen can make good running backs and tight ends; they can actually run routes and catch passes(shameful).

I can't get into this game anymore, I couldn't keep the wool over my eyes to prevent me from excepting the fact that I don't have a quality football game to play and probably won't for years to come.

Of course people who are upset aren't playing the game, it's trash and doesn't come close to their expectations. They can't get past the fact that the ratings are meaningless.

If you enjoy this game as you say you do, your expectations for a football game or a video game period for that matter are low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
The gripes extend not only from the exclusive license, but from the fact that Madden 10 is trash. The ratings don't matter, that's been proven; I won't argue about that. A sport simulation with meaningless ratings is automatically trash because of that ; sport sims are based on ratings, that's the whole premise behind the genre . If you can lie to yourself, if you can tell yourself that you don't mind the fact that punters can pass block just as well as stud LTs, more power to you, you have a football video game to play. As of last week I don't. I was just like you 7 days ago. I told myself the people posting videos on youtube with punters on the oline were doctoring the videos, changing the ratings and sliders to make a point ; when I decided to try it myself, I saw everything they said was true. I haven't played a game since, I've only touched it to see how little Ian and company thought of us, and how bizarre things could get. I wasn't that suprised to find out that WRs can cover like corners, and corners can run routes like WRs. Olinemen can make good running backs and tight ends; they can actually run routes and catch passes(shameful).

I can't get into this game anymore, I couldn't keep the wool over my eyes to prevent me from excepting the fact that I don't have a quality football game to play and probably won't for years to come.

Of course people who are upset aren't playing the game, it's trash and doesn't come close to their expectations. They can't get past the fact that the ratings are meaningless.

If you enjoy this game as you say you do, your expectations for a football game or a video game period for that matter are low.
I'm playing coach mode currently in broadcast mode with Bill Harris sliders until the patch arrives. The only things I don't like are the constant CB blitzes the CPU brings(yes, even on hardcore), and some of the pursuit angles. I don't notice the flats because playing coach mode the QB's don't throw to the flats all the time. I'm not watching you tube or substituting punters for OL or QB. So far, the Packers beat the Bears(close till the 2nd half) and the Bengals beat the Packers by 7. This is just for fun until the patch drops. So far, pretty realistic in my book for what I'm playing.

Until the patch drops and EA explains the questions and ratings, I'll continue on with coach mode. I'd like to hear the other side of the story of who what when where and why before I make any preliminary judgments. And yes, I know there is proof on the net about ratings, I just like to hear the other side as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »