Home

Why Madden has been unwhelming this Gen

This is a discussion on Why Madden has been unwhelming this Gen within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 13
Re: Why Madden has been unwhelming this Gen

haha. unwhelming? EA is evil for their video games AND for making up words.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:03 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 32

What is a casual gamer? Are casual gamers fickle gamers? Buy the product one year and not the next. Shouldn't the goal of any company to make casual gamers into hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers are loyal to your product while casual gamers are not. EA can chase casual gamers but that is a growth model not a sustainable model.

We were all casual gamers at one time but we got hooked because of a quality product. My hook was Gameday 98 and NCAA 99. What is EA quality hook?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

3:1 ratio seem unnatural to me. I just watched a Madden commercial touting the big changes in Madden 2010. Is the commercial directed to casual gamers are to hardcore gamers? Why would casual gamers care about the changes in the game. This commercial was directed to hardcore gamers trying to bring them back to the fold.

There are limits to advertising and when a company spend so much in advertising at the cost to development then there is a problem.

1. EA business model is large and clumsy. Buying exclusive licenses turned out to be inefficient and costly.

2. Focus on development and quality.

3. Remember the limitations on advertisement and marketing.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:33 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Of course they're aiming for the casual gamer crowd, why the hell wouldn't they? They're trying to make money. What's more important to them? Making money or having less Operation Sports forum members complaining about how inaccurate their OLB Sack stats are when running a 3-4 defense and simming their season? I mean, can you even imagine the absurdity of something like that to an EA suit?

It's impossible to please this community, I'm sure EA has realized that at this point. Madden is fun. If you're so obsessed with realism, you're never going to enjoy ANY video game. I don't understand how Madden is so evil and terrible, while you guys all sit here going crazy over a "sim" like the Show, despite the billion stupid glitches and bugs it has that lead towards ridiculously unrealistic gameplay.
I can dig this post.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's fallen off ever since '05 when they had actual competition, that's just a plain simple fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 17

Would I like a complete overhaul of the game? Yes, I would. Because I feel like it no matter what improvements they make to it, it's still going to feel like the same game of the past 5 years or so, simply because it's still in the same build of it. I'd really like to see them start all over from scratch and make a whole new Madden.

But hell, I still enjoy the game. I'm certainly not going to blow gasket over Sacks stats not being accurate when I sim a season lol.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:15 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

nba2k9 out sold live 09
nhl 10 out sold nhk2k9

both games that outsold there rival company were more sim?
soo i dont understand why the article would say there is more casual gamers then hardcore. with the way technology is advancing so do the games and soo is the "customer" with magazines,internet,tv,etc i disagree that casual is the way to go people want the game to be as close as possible as the real thing. since it is possible with the technology madden just hasnt gotten close to it yet and wont untill they spend more money on development then advertisement.

next year madden 11 needs to go 90% gameplay 10% everything else

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »