Home

Ratings mean NOTHING (video proof)

This is a discussion on Ratings mean NOTHING (video proof) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Ratings mean NOTHING (video proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudplayr
well I don't usually do fantasy draft chises so oh well.

I think that is more of a problem with the depth charts and the fact that the game actually puts Kickers at the offensive line than the ratings, though, don't you think?
Could be a depth chart problem. I don't know. That or Wade Phillips is coaching the entire league.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 7

Funny how Fred Smoot is still holding the ball like a loaf of bread even though he's on offense. Why did they program Corners to hold it like that?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 22

Here's what I just did. I put Drew Stanton as the Kicker, then moved Jason Hanson to Left Tackle. I played against the Panthers so that he would match up with Julius Peppers. I only played 3 plays and he pushed Julius Peppers around like he was nothing. I saved the highlights, but I have to post them in the morning. All Pro difficulty btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 13

Try doing the same thing except lower his awareness rating to the same as his PBS rating. The test it again. Also check to see how he handles blitzes. If he still performs perfectly then you might have some proof of a major problem there.

Of course part of the reason that we all find a kicker blocking a DE silly is that the kicker is so small. But, since weight (for some reason) means nothing in madden, this shouldn't be unexpected.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
Look someone with 12 accuracy and throw power shouldnt be able to do this! The ball should be way off.

That's all i was pointing out that it's crazy and doesnt work...and it was online
i bet he has better throwing ratings then you. My friend and I talk about this all the time, the worst rated NFL players are a hell of a lot better then we are cause you don't make it into the NFL if you sit on the couch all day.....That being said, I'm in not denying the fact that a kicker playing tackle is ridiculous.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
Here's what I just did. I put Drew Stanton as the Kicker, then moved Jason Hanson to Left Tackle. I played against the Panthers so that he would match up with Julius Peppers. I only played 3 plays and he pushed Julius Peppers around like he was nothing. I saved the highlights, but I have to post them in the morning. All Pro difficulty btw.
Wow, seriously?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 11

It's on rookie..did anyone notice that?...(The first video at least)...ratings are %..it's not like they will 100% get around them every time..I would worry about other things other than this..how about all these glitchy cheese plays(HB direct snap and a qb running play..won't mention how to do it even though the qb running play is out there to find :/)

Last edited by AnArtofWar; 09-01-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 14

Well I didn't host the game so didnt know it was on rookie...but still

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »