Home

Is Madden 10 the best football game ever?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 10 the best football game ever? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is Madden 10 the best football game ever?
Yes 47 14.73%
No 272 85.27%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #89
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Is Madden 10 the best football game ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Is Madden 2010 the best football game ever?

After you vote, please comment on you age. Please do not write anything else other then your age, and also list what was is your favorite all time football game if you voted no. Please be honest with your age for correct data. I have been very curious for along time to know if my theory is right that people over 25+ typically dislike Madden overall, and people under 25 do like it. If you do not wish to give your age, please write down under or over 25.

This is not for ANY purpose other than to discover if Maddens gameplay, is more suited for a younger age group. This is NOT a place for bashing comments. After a few pages of votes, I will talley the votes, and see what ages voted yes and no, and also see what games different ages prefer. Again, please keep it honest.
I voted no and I'm 40. I didn't like Madden 10 that much. Gameplay was mediocre at best and I didn't like the camera options at all. I think Madden 12 was the best football game gameplay wise on the PS3 this generation.

Best game ever is a very hard question to interpret and discuss because modern games are almost always going to be better than older games even if we have much less fun with them. I absolutely loved Tecmo Bowl and Tecmo Superbowl. Those were easily the best football games that came out back then and would be the best football games of all time IF you ranked them in how you felt AT THE TIME you played them. I would not choose those games over the modern versions no matter how much EA may disappoint me.

Other favourite games from last gen:
PS2: NCAA 06, NFL 2K4 (I enjoyed a lot more than the overrated 2K5 with broken cpu QB AI imo), Madden 03
Old 08-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #90
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Madden 2005 was probably the most enjoyable game for me. The depth for Franchise mode was great, from the radio shows/newspaper, scouting/workouts/drafting, restricted FA's, trading players and picks, team moves, rebuild stadiums, gameplay. Just everything about that game was super fun.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
You guys are correct, I will start a new poll with better options. Mods please close this thread.

Thank you guys for the way you handled your responses. VERY cool!
I made this thread back in 2009 and was attempting to find out if I was correct on my beliefs that mostly children & kids can enjoy Madden, while adults prefer and need more realism like 2k5/APF 2k8's gameplay offers. Basically what people have started to point out lately, I was thinking back then. I'm prob on the older gaming side, so I knew for me I needed something better then what Madden 06-12 offered. You really have to use imagination to feel like your playing a true football game.Madden is very arcade like to me.

This thread was flawed by my poor choice of wording, and I made a new thread and stopped posting here about 4-5 posts from the start of it. Surprised to see it revived.

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #92
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

no.

Tecmo Bowl on Super Nintendo
Old 08-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #93
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12

i think it was the best football game. i played 13 in game seasons/years with 3 users on the same xbox360 after that barely pass 3 years
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would Say Madden 2004. Because the onfield gameplay is very close to real.. 2k5 is next but has its issues as does 2k8..
Madden 10 was good but Madden 12 looks and plays very well..
Its just sad there isnt another FB company besides EA.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 14

2k5 The best ever. Played it everyday. Now with Madden it might get a weeks top of play and then it collects dust.

Last edited by MissionMaximus; 08-07-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #96
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

35, no, Madden 05 was the greatest imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »