Home

Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

This is a discussion on Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26
Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

Hey guys. Haven't posted in a while but I have been reading these forums a lot after madden 10 has been out. I'm enjoying Madden 10 though there are a problems with the game and things that can be improved on. But I still find it to be the best Madden ever. The last gen maddens did do some things better than Madden 10 but I find Madden 10 overall to be a much more enjoyable game compared to those games. I've been reading some people say that the last gen maddens are better, which I can understand due to nostalgia but I will say this... if the problems that a certain last gen version of Madden had were in Madden 10, you guys would more than likely complain a lot about it (maybe even more than the issues being complained about now?). I would like to give an example...

Madden 04 was a really fun game but the game suffered from overpowering offense. Many games would end up having both teams above 40 points and that would happen with the game at 5 minute quarters. If this was the case with Madden 10, there would be lots and lots of complaining. Yet I did read some people finding this to be better than Madden 10 overall.

But anyways, if you think that the last gen maddens are better than madden 10 overall, why? Just interested in seeing what people say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

I like Madden 10 alot, but there are still bugs in the game. To me, Madden 2005 was the best madden so far(granted it had its flaws too, but less noticeable). It focused more on the Def. but you could still score a good amount of points on Off.

Me and my friends would play this game and even using highpowered Off. we always had close games(under 30 points). Madden 04 was good, but like you said, the Off. was to overpowering and there was no Def.. That to me is what made Madden 05 the best so far. In Madden 10 there are flaws in the Def. and if you know what plays to run against those flaws they are unstoppable.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533
Old 10-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Do you think a last gen madden is better than madden 10 overall? If so, why?

madden 07 on pc. i didnt get 08 cos they started to add stupid **** to it like giant robot teams or whatever that was. i still play 07.

reasons why: keyboard/mouse (easier for editing players/custom teams); editing custom team helmets in paint; 3rd party roster mods; franchise saves txt based stat files to ur hard drive; been able to dl latest rosters.

i prefer the player models in madden 10. they look way more realistic than from last gen. u could create a 150 lbs player and make him extremely large. plus not all OL look fat (they are big, but not all that round). the player faces in madden 10 are terrible tho.

franchise mode was great in last gen, but it still had little problems here & there. however, madden 10 still has alot of those same problems. ive gotten satisfaction out of both tho.

i really like the gameplay improvements. i dont have to run outside of the pocket anymore to get time to throw, which i did in the old version. plus there are bigger gang tackles and pile ons.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I like Madden 10 over any of the old Madden's. Alot of the SAME A.I problems are in Madden 10. But 10 far exceeds the others tech wise. Yeah the older ones may have had better running animations, but, the player models and animations were not as advanced. Secondly, I actually stopped playing Madden alot after 2003 because it just felt boring to me. I would always get it and play it, but there was another game in town for me.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

The biggest problem with Madden '10 is the perception of what the game should be given the hardware available in it's curren year. I honestly believe that given, the PS3 and XBOX360 hardware, this game is a dissapointment. MAdden '05 and 2K5 were ahead of their time. This game is behind it. Here's a similar post I made about Madden '10 a few weeks ago.

Quote:

“The Good Madden Giveth and it Taketh away”

This game sits right in the 7.50 -8.25 range. It sits on both the precipice of greatness and the edge of EPIC FAIL. Not because of what it does right, but because of all the little things (mentioned below) that it lacks. I mean they give us great presentation but then give a HORRIBLE ONLINE DYNASTY. They give a multitude of customizable uniforms but the 3-4 DL interaction is still weak!!

I am of the mind that EVERYTHING ever put in Madden or NCAA College Football should be in the game (provided they were actually effective). I mean all of it!!!

FULLY FUNCTIONAL ONLINE DYNASTY, Expansion Team Builder, Formation Substitutions, Vision Cone, Stadium Specific Sounds, Tony Bruno Show, Dynamic Crowds, a Team finance system that actually matters etc. Matter of Fact just for my boy Adembroski I throw Head Coach and it's multitude of options in the mix too. Therefore, if any of these features are missing from the game I start out disappointed already. I mean these developers want to try and Nickel and Dime us to death in order to make a profit in this weak economy and boost their sagging profits, but they want to short us on the actual elements that matter!!!

Second, I’m not a ***** or lover of any video game company, developer, designer, etc. I FadeEmAll, lol, you know how I get down.

Are some asking for too much or are we asking for too little?!?!?!?
The only thing this game really delivers beyond what should be expected in the year 2009 is........Exactly!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Last gen madden had the roll and chuck. Any game with the roll and chuck is automatically trash. If you don't agree, than you're not as sim as you thought.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacho
Last gen madden had the roll and chuck. Any game with the roll and chuck is automatically trash. If you don't agree, than you're not as sim as you thought.
I'd rather that than what passes for pass blocking in this game. And pass coverage for that matter.

It's not like pass blocking and line interactions are particularly "sim" in this game.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 24

Alot of people say M05 was the best. Hmm..........the same year that "other game" was available. Says something that most people are repeating-----"competition breeds better products."

But I digress. I played 09 PS2 last year, and enjoyed it. Didn't blow me away, but it was playable over 09 NG. The gameplay wasn't improved over previous installments, the players still ran around 150 MPH all over the field, etc., but as desperate as I became to play an NFL game last year, it was acceptable.

This year, M10 is VERY playable, and enjoyable, to me. I've seen vids of PS2 M10, and it's the same game as always with updated rosters. I'm staying with NG Madden for once this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »