Home

i want a dual rb scheme without having to sub all the time is this possible?

This is a discussion on i want a dual rb scheme without having to sub all the time is this possible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: i want a dual rb scheme without having to sub all the time is this possible?

I got tired of manually subbing also. But this is easy. I'm doing this with the Bucs now with Cadillac Williams and Derrick Ward.

First of all, in your depth chart you have 3DRB which is your 3rd down running back who will come in automatically every time it's third down. So you can split up carries that way by having your second RB in your depth chart also be your 3DRB. That way, your second string RB will always be in on 3rd down, and also when your first stringer is tired.

A better way, however, is in My Madden - Gameplan - Auto-Subs you can change how soon your first string RB is taken out and replaced with your second stringer, and when your first stringer is put back in. All the defaults for all positions are set at 60 and 80, which means your first stringer will get pretty damn tired (at 60) before he is subbed for. To make it more 50-50, set these for your running backs at 75 and 85. (At least that's what I have them at now. I recommend to set these in a combination between 70 and 85.) Experiment and see what settings (70 and 85, 70 and 80, 80 and 85, whatever) that give you the 50-50 split during the game and at game's end that you want.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: i want a dual rb scheme without having to sub all the time is this possible?

Two things:

-- I think the 3rd Down RB only comes in on third and long plays. Not sure what the yardage is, but I think it's third and five or longer.

-- There is a bug in the game related to the fatigue slider and/or the auto sub. I had adjusted both (to achieve this effect), and my HB would sub out at some point and then never return to the game. My #1WR too. It happened three games in a row, and they would come out and just disappear from the game. Others have reported the problem.

The formation sub is probably the best way to do this. Unfortunately, there's not a good way to make the CPU do it.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

eum, just set the auto sub slider to 85/95 or something really high.

I do that as the Pats and it auto subs Morris and Taylor perfectly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #12
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
eum, just set the auto sub slider to 85/95 or something really high.

I do that as the Pats and it auto subs Morris and Taylor perfectly.
Yeah, that's a great idea if you want to trigger the glitch where they get subbed out and NEVER come back in.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've done the things you guys are talking about, but when I simulate a game, and then go back and look at the box-score, only RB 1 gets any carries. This is becoming very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »