Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #97
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Preliminary details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree! I also feel the same way about the "extra Point" halftime show ... watched it once, now I just wish I could turn it OFF, or at least cut through it quickly! I have never found any of these types of "presentation" items to really add anything to the game. It's the same repetitive stuff over and over so gets boring real quick.

Next year please focus on GAME PLAY!!!
Easy to avoid the EXTRA POINT...don't push Y on the Franchise Menu.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #98
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
putting out a list and throwing the term " preliminary" in it is not kool....

we know the list is not going to change to include anything major or else it would have been the headling or a BLOG

i feel really over joyed for the folks that want working replays, the rest of us well tough i guess.
Better than what 2k does with an announcement of a future announcement.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #99
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

Great news that these issues are being addressed but I will hold back the cheers until I have sampled the treats.
I have been burned too many times.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
Strangely enough, yes I do.

Now on to the matter at hand. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised I saw nothing regarding the ratings issue on the oline/dline. It's the issue where a 25 rated olineman can dominate a 99 rated dlineman consistently. Or an entire oline of 12 rated chumps push around a dline of 99 rated studs and Albert Haynsworth not begin able to shed the block of a punter who was placed on the line. I'll just have to chalk this omission up to the "it's a lot of work" department. Ian, please make this a priority for Madden 2011. See the this thread for details:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-bunny.html
The reason why you didn't see anything regarding aboutratings being irrelevant is because nothing can be doneabout it til madden 11. It's not just the fact that the Olinemen's and Dlinemen's ratings are irrelevant, ratings in general don't matter. This morning I decided to switch the WRs with the CBs. The WRs were able to cover the opposing WRs and the CBs were able to run routes, get open and make catches, this was on All-Madden by the way

The patch will do absolutely nothing. Franchise mode is dead, it's bare bones and the ratings don't matter anyway so what's the point.

You can't patch something that's been ripped to shreads

Last edited by Dmacho; 10-17-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

I'm really dissapointed that CPU playcalling isn't being mentioned as a fix for the patch. I just want the AI defense to not corner blitz every other play. And AI offence to run the ball inside the 10. Just fix this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #102
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: 2nd Title Update Preliminary Details

Are the endzone TD replays going to be fixed? I can't stand the fact that the replay cuts off right before he enters the endzone, or it doesn't show a whole catch. I like to watch that kind of stuff.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #103
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Monkey
I wonder how long the CPU QB will hold the ball on average now and is it ratings based.

I never had the problem with getting sacks or always having the QB throw it away.
I have. The biggest one is when you get him from behind, he just knows when you're coming and throws it. Whats worse is when you overload his backside and the dreaded backfoot throw shows up

But this isn't the full patch fix list so i'll wait until then to really comment.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I agree! I also feel the same way about the "extra Point" halftime show ... watched it once, now I just wish I could turn it OFF, or at least cut through it quickly! I have never found any of these types of "presentation" items to really add anything to the game. It's the same repetitive stuff over and over so gets boring real quick.

Next year please focus on GAME PLAY!!!
I couldn't have said it better myself
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »