Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #137
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Only 200 yards total offense Val? Only 1 pass to Witten? Was Felix Jones injured? That's the only reason I can think of for not using him. What was happening to make the Time of Possession (and therefore offensive yardage) so one-sided? WR drops? Inaccurate throws? Pressure? None of those should occur to an extent to only allow you to gain 200 yards total offense.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 4

So I switched to the 3-3-5 this season and struggled at the beggining of the season when I realized I needed more pressure on the QB. I started bringing more blitzes and more creative blitzes and have gone from some where in the bottom 10 of offensive yards given to the top 5. When my A pot. DT finally grows into his own my D will reak havoc on QBs and HBs alike.

I highly advocate changing your team's playing style to something more unique. It makes the game a bit more challenging and makes drafting more fun.

Oh and I am in the bottom 5 of total offense. It doesn't really bother me though as I have the highest average points per game and I am 7-0. When your KR/PR does his job by getting it the 40 on most attempts, the field gets a lot shorter.

Last edited by rws591; 11-01-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
BTW...the Bucs drafted Tebow in my 2nd season and he suffered a career ending knee injury in the first week of the season.
='/
Old 11-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just came back to Madden after abusing NCAA 10 . I used Syracuse and beat USC in the Emerald Bowl . How ? i got three lucky turnovers returned for touchdowns =]

Im starting my franchise right now with the Jets and i plan on trading for the rookie DT for the bears Jarron Gilbert . His potential is A and hes super easy to trade for . Somehow i will get two more 1st round draft picks for a total of 3 so i can draft Taylor Mays , Brandon Spikes , Terrence Cody OR Dez Bryant . Anyone have any suggestions on i should sign or trade for to improve my receiving unit ? I was thinking either Crabtree or Harvin but theyre impossible to get , or Devin Hester and Juaquin Iglesias or should i just draft Dez ?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #141
Rookie

coreybronco1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
I just started a 49ers franchise. I play 15min/25sec i play on all "10"( all madden has user at "15" so thats wut i mean) Its the first time ive tried controlling all 32 teams so i cnt waait to see how it turns out. I plan on doing the first round of the draft myself and will be posting to see what every1 thinks
I play offline franchise with 32 teams, but not with 15 min quarters. You will never finish it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #142
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am currently in year 1 with the Eagles in a coach mode franchise.

Currently 9-3, but have lost 3 of my last 4 games.

I lost Brian Westbrook for 3 games, and am just getting him back. Starting safety Quintin Mickell is out for the year with an achilles injury.

I have gotten good production out of my trio of RB's, Westbrook, McCoy and FA signee TJ Duckett.

Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin are turning out to be a very dangerous receiver combination and TE Celek has gotten a ton of big receptions.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 2

I rarely ever pick a team and stick with it... generally I have to start 3 or 4 franchises to be happy. This year I'm rolling with Philly (my favorite team), the 49ers (good to rebuild with, plus they have 2 first round picks), also I plan on giving Miami and possibly Buffalo or Cleveland a try... though I hate the Browns more than anything.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #144
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
Only 200 yards total offense Val? Only 1 pass to Witten? Was Felix Jones injured? That's the only reason I can think of for not using him. What was happening to make the Time of Possession (and therefore offensive yardage) so one-sided? WR drops? Inaccurate throws? Pressure? None of those should occur to an extent to only allow you to gain 200 yards total offense.
You need to read the Slider thread to see how I'm playing. I bumped the QB accuracy down to 15 (from 30) on that game and it resulted in several errant passses in key 3rd down situations (look at low 3rd conversion %), and effectively dropped Romo's completion % by 20%, which in turn has a cascading effect on other stats. Still a good game. Still though, you need to read the thread to understand how I'm playing, which is to provide a challenging game while provide fairly accurate statistics effectively simulating real NFL season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »