Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #457
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

I am 6 weeks through my first season with the Redskins. I had a couple really close first couple games and then blew up after making a couple trades.

The financial problems are really the biggest hurdle I am going to be facing at this point.

I traded Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis to the Cardinals for Matt Leinart and Chris Wells. Figured the Cardinals needed to get someone to lead the team after Kurt Warner and having a veteran HB like Portis would help them a bit as well.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #458
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just finished up my first season with the Falcons with a Super Bowl win and one loss on the season. I beat the Steelers in the Super Bowl 31-16. Turner carried the day with 225 yards.

I let the CPU sim the offseason and in my first game of 2010 and I lost a super bowl rematch with the Steelers at Heinz Field 31-28 on a field goal by the Steelers with 5 seconds left. I lost two starting offensive lineman for multiple weeks in the preseason and Mike Peterson at linebacker for the year. I have a lot of new faces at the second/third string positions. Should be an interesting year. At least I have that Superbowl ring
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #459
Pro

OVR: 11

My Browns franchise is 1-3 after I just lost to the Ravens in Baltimore. My defense had a shutout until three minutes left and then a good Ravens drive and a Brady Quinn interception let Baltimore take a 13-12 lead with 24 seconds left.

They squibbed the kick so I had the ball on my 40 yard line. After two completions I completed a sideline out route for about 15 yards to Josh Cribbs, but he couldn't run out of bounds before time ran out in the game and I lost. The ball was spotted at the 26 I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #460
Rookie

OVR: 1

Me and my nephew are 4-1 in our third year with the Vikings. I controlled the QB while he was Adrian Peterson.

First year we did well, went 12-4 and got a Wild Card bye. Brett Favre had like 21 TDs and 18 INTs and Peterson had like 1300 yards rushing and 18 TDs all while missing 4 games due to injury. We played on Skill Level 14 with custom sliders so it wasn't a cake-walk to go 12-4. It also showed in the playoffs when in the NFC Divisional game we played against the Saints in Minnesota, late 4th Q, the score is 27-24 New Orleans, were driving down the field and we get set to kick like a 40 yard field goal with 3 seconds left.

I'm telling my nephew "This is it, Overtime or season over" I line up the kick, he gets ready to kick it.....AND THE KICK GETS BLOCKED!! I was in shock and my nephew fell to the ground pissed as hell. It was still a hell of an experience and it fueled us for year 2, and boy did year 2 deliver so much fun. I never realized how much funner a franchise can get when your playing with 1, 2 or even 3 other people on the 360. BTW, the Patriots won the Super Bowl the first year.

So year 2, Favre retires and we draft a rookie QB from Minnesota college with our first round pick. We also signed Michael Vick and let them battle it out in the preseason. After 4 games, we evaluated it and saw that the rookie played well and we gave him the start.

BAD move, after 5 games we got 1-4 and our QB has 4 TDs and 7 INTs. I'm playing with him and my nephew is always like "What kind of pass is that" everytime I mess up and i'm like "It's hard to play with a 59 OVR QB. We then look to trade, we saw Phillys backup, Kevin Kolb had a 25 TD - 15 INT season last year when McNabb was hurt for the year, so we make a trade, I forgot what it was but it was a fair one, we added a 2nd round n 3rd round pick for him and at the end of the season Kolb goes for 20 TDs and 15 INTs while Peterson plays the whole season and goes for like 1700 yards n 15 TDs.

We go 10-6 and once again we win our Division. Now we face the Cowboys in Minnesota in the NFC Divisional Game. This game was back and forth, back and forth, late in the 4th were winning 34-31 with like 30 seconds left and Dallas had their BACK UP QB AND BACK UP RB for the 2nd half, their starting RB was out for the game before the game started and romo got hurt for the game in the 2nd quarter... but somehow they drow a 30 yard strike and one of their WR out runs our safeties and goes for like a 70 yard TD score. We were in shock and with like 19 sec left and down by 4 we seriously thought the game was over, cuz we had to get a TD, we couldnt try to set up for a field goal.

They squib kick it, we get it and get to our 40 with like 15 seconds left. 60 Yards in 15 seconds with 2 time outs left. Shotgun Verticals, I get a quick 15 yard strike to our TE and were at their 45 with like 9 seconds left. My nephew is like "Lets do a screen pass" I'm thinking "Hell no, we need to look for another quick 10-15 yard pass, call timeout, and one heave to the end zone. But I give in and we try the screen pass. Peterson gets it, and theirs only 2 people in front of him, one person gets blocked by his blocker and he jukes the other one as he runs for 45 yards with no time left and we win the game.

GREATEST MOMENT EVER I HAD IN MADDEN 10. We're happy and excited and what-not. So in the NFC Championship game, we have a rematch with the Saints from last year, we beat them easily 27-17 to go to the Super Bowl. Steelers beat the Super Bowl Champs Patriots in the AFC to go to the Super Bowl.

I'll keep this one short. We beat them 24-23 after a missed field goal by the Steelers with a few minutes left, and also at the last drive of the game, the steelers were at our 40 and had to go like 5-10 yards to set up the field goal with like 30 sec left, they kept passing it but eventually we interecepted it when they tried to get ready to get into field goal range and we win the game....

We won the damn super bowl by 1 point, in year 2. In year 3 were 4-1 right now but we havn't played since Thanksgiving break but I told him lets wait till patch #2 comes out and when some updated sliders come out so that we can finish out year 3 and have an even greater gameplay experience in the playoffs as we try to defend our Super Bowl. All I know is that Saints are our Rivals in the NFC as well as the Steelers for beating them by one point.

This franchise is so much fun I've lost interest in my Cleveland Browns one, and I'm in year 6 in that one.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #461
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Bills franchise, year two... simmed the year and started off so strong, but fell to 6-10 after Jimmy Clausen got injured and I converted Tim Tebow back to QB from HB to takeover for him and he did terribly. Clausen had an amazing season for the time that he was playing, throwing for 4,000+ yards and 30TDs, winning the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Things look bright for Buffalo's young quarterback.

However, I'm stuck in cap hell now and trying to dig myself out by trading away T.O. I've tallied some offers and I want to know what people think...

Choice 1:
T.O. - 90OVR
Rosco Parrish - 72OVR
to the Patriots for
J. Sanders - CB - 85OVR
J. Edelman - WR - 75OVR

Free cap room after trade: $11.02M

Choice 2:
T.O. - 90OVR
X. Omen - HB - 71OVR
to the Bears for
J. Knox - WR - 84OVR
D. Clark - TE - 81OVR

Free cap room after trade: $9.46M

Choice 3:
T.O. - 90OVR
X. Omen - HB - 71OVR
Draft 1/5
to the Bengals for
L. Hall - CB - 90
B. Scott - HB - 76
C. Crocker - FS - 74

Cap room: $8.14M

Choice 4:
T.O. - 90OVR
L. Bodden - CB - 80OVR
Draft 2/15
to the Chargers for
Q. Jammer - 88OVR
Q. Lawrence - WR - 60OVR

Cap room: $11.30

What do you guys think? I'm really inclined to go with the Chargers trade because it gives me a fair amount of money and I don't really want Owens to be in the same division as me. I think I'd be giving too much up for the Bengals trade, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #462
Banned

OVR: 6

I'd go with choice 1 because I don't like to give draft picks unless I get one back.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #463
Rookie

OVR: 2

Currently i am 9-5 with Pittsburgh about to play 7-7 Ravens. If i win i clinch the AFC North, if the Ravens lose it could end their season. I've done good offensively and defensively but a lack of take aways and way too many turnovers have really hurt.

Once this season is over I am actually gonna start a chise with this franchise.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #464
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
However, I'm stuck in cap hell now and trying to dig myself out by trading away T.O. I've tallied some offers and I want to know what people think...

Choice 3:
T.O. - 90OVR
X. Omen - HB - 71OVR
Draft 1/5
to the Bengals for
L. Hall - CB - 90
B. Scott - HB - 76
C. Crocker - FS - 74

Cap room: $8.14M
This is the best deal, Hall is outstanding, Scott is a speed burner and Crocker is solid. They are worth the 3 million less than the next deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »