Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #841
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Started a franchise with the Ravens a few days back. I'm using KBLover's slider set and the games play really well. This team is vastly underperforming however. The defense is really solid ranking top 5 in overall yds, passing and rushing yds. The offense on the other hand is another story. Flacco has 4 tds and 20 ints I think. Rice and McGahee do OK in the running game but have definitely had their struggles. The offense ranks at or near the bottom of the league in basically all categories. My record is 3-5 with notable wins against the Vikings, Bengals and Chargers. Terrible early season losses to the Chiefs and Browns have put my team in jeopardy of not making the playoffs. We'll have to see how the rest of the season plays out but things aren't looking promising right now, especially since I still have to play twice against the undefeated Steelers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #842
Rookie

OVR: 1

restarted my franchise with the Raiders and Dolphins to give myself some variety. 2nd year now after simming the 1st. Draft was solid for both teams but not perfect.
Free agency is fun with the Raiders though (decided to cut Seymour - just couldn't to keep him) and signed Vick to them (I thought it was the typical Raider thing to do)
The Dolphins was quite traditional, released Ferguson and Pennington (age) and Solail (backup wanting starter money) Brown was signed to a HUGE contract (60 million over 6 years) and is now ALWAYS INJURED (runs for 2 plays then is injured for a couple)

3 quarters through 2nd year and playing well. Now in a strange position.

Both teams are 8-6 with 2 weeks to go so they have to win out to stand a chance of getting to the playoffs. However week 16 (about to play) is Dolphins vs Raiders. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Don't know who to control lol
Old 01-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #843
Rookie

OVR: 0

Continued on my Dolphins franchise (9-1) and closed out the season 15 - 1, with ease (5 of last 6 opponents were teams with 2-8 or worse records!). Hammered the Patriots to gain revenge for their spoiling of my perfect season. (45 - 13).

Head into post-season as #1 in NFL on points per game, #1 against the rush.

Ronnie Brown top of NFL in Total yards (receiving for 70+ per game on top of his rushing yards.)
Pennington #1 QB rating
Ginn Jnr #1 in receiving yards.

Played New England again in the divisional round and got beaten 46 - 38.
Went 21 - 3 down by HT and couldn't recover. We simply could not contain Maroney who routinely would break 6 tackles on a run!!

Hugely disappointing. No major off season signings, signed Crowder, Ginn, Bell etc to new deals. Just 3 kept on from the draft and Atari Bigby joins to strengthen our SS/FS positions.

Jaguars won the big one, and we have started Season 2, 2-0(including a 50 - 13 win over the reigning champs)
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 PM   #844
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my past off season I drafted my franchise back Darby Miles first overall (traded up), and here is a video of what he will be doing for my team for years!

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16183315
Old 01-25-2010, 01:20 AM   #845
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

In my franchise the Titans AI have Reggie Wayne and Ochocinco. Vince Young is averaging 320 yards passing with 8 td and 2 ints. Peyton Manning is on the Broncos and Drew Brees is on the 49ers. I guess the the Colts and Saints could not afford those two great qbs.

Im in year 4 as the Browns. Much of my team is former ohio state players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #846
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden Head
I hope you are not talking about Alex Smith when you say that. Have you seen him play? He takes sacks and turns the ball over and hold onto the ball too long. Shaun Hill is a game manager who does what you wrote.

Smith is a turnover waiting to happen. He also throws terrible passes that Crabtree and Davis have to make amazing accrobatic catches to get. Davis makes Smith look better than he is. Smith and his inconssitant play is a major part of what is holding the 49ers back. [that, and poor overall line play and a lack of a consistant secondary.] The 49ers have a lot of weapons on offense [Davis, Crabtree, Gore, Morgan is even talented] and their front 7 is solid with Franklin, Smith, and Willis [I like Spikes but he is getting old.]

Bah, it comes down to what I said a just a second ago, everyone is blinded by how Davis and Crabtree make Smith look a LOT better than he is by making amazing catches off of bad throws and beating the defense with their skills. Give the 49ers a good QB and they could tear it up offensively.
Yes, I'm talking about Alex Smith. And yes, I haven't missed a Niners game in over 10 years.

Alex Smith is the last thing from a "turnover waiting to happen." He has no protection, yet still gets rid of the football without making stupid decisions and forcing it into coverage. One of the knocks on Smith this year was that he plays too conservative, so I'm not sure what you are basing your opinion off of.

As for Davis, your comment is ridiculous. I'm willing to bet Davis dropped more passes this year than any other TE in the league. Yes Smith is inaccurate at times, just like many young quarterbacks. Patience, my friend. The only thing holding Smith back is experience and continuity within a system, something he has never had. Once the offensive line gets a boost and Jimmy Raye learns how to call a game, you'll see what the offense is capable of. I think that after next season, everyone will realize that Smith is a lot better than he gets credit for.

My apologies for getting off topic.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #847
Rookie

OVR: 3

My Green Bay Packers Franchise

Past Updates
Past Seasons
Packers-Vikings (2012)
Packers-Jaguars (2012)
Pro Bowl Rosters; Post-Season Awards; Wild-Card Weekend

Divisional Round: Packers-49ers (2012)
Conference Championship: Packers-Redskins (2012)
Super Bowl XLVI: Packers-Ravens (2012)

Offseason
Notable Retirements
FS Brian Dawkins (DEN)
MLB Keith Brooking (DAL)
OLB Mike Peterson (ATL)
ILB Takeo Spikes (SF)
WR Torry Holt (JAC)
QB Jake Delhomme (CAR)
RB Thomas Jones (NE)
ILB Ray Lewis (BAL)
DE Trevor Pryce (BAL)
MLB London Fletcher (WAS)
DE Greg Ellis (WAS)
ILB James Farrior (PIT)
WR Hines Ward (PIT)

Coaching Changes
Miami – Tony Sparano fired; Gil Haskell hired
Tennessee – Jeff Fisher fired; Andy Reid hired
Chicago – Lovie Smith fired; Jeff Fisher hired
Buffalo – Dick Jauron fired; Mike Solari hired
Oakland – Tom Cable fired; Ken Whisenhunt hired
Arizona – Ken Whisenhunt fired; Russ Grimm hired
Dallas – Wade Phillips fired; Jim Haslett hired
Kansas City – Todd Haley fired; Jim Johnson hired
Denver – Josh McDaniel fired; Ron Rivera hired
St. Louis – Steve Spagnuolu fired; Rex Ryan hired
Vikings – Brad Childress fired; Bruce Arians hired
Jets – Rex Ryan fired; Romeo Crennell hired
Eagles – Jim Johnson fired; Steve Spagnuolu hired
Bengals – Marvin Lewis fired; Ron Meeks hired
Texans – Gary Kubiak fired; Dick Lebeau hired
Pittsburgh – Mike Tomlin fired; Gregg Williams hired
Cleveland – Eric Mangini fired; Lavar Williams hired
Ravens – Jim Harbaugh fired; Tom Clements (former Packers QB Coach) hired
Chargers – Norv Turner fired; Clancy Pendergast hired
Redskins – Jim Zorn fired; Mike Tomlin hired
Note - These coaching changes have happened over the course of the 4 offseasons of this franchise, not just this offseason.

Notable Player Progressions
RB LeGarrette Blount: (91) +6
WR Marty Gilyard: (75) +6
LG Jah Reid: (69) +6
RT Drew Davis: (75) +7
DE Vince Oghobaase: (78) +6
ILB Rolando McClain: (81) +6
LB Ross Homan: (72) +6
CB Mario Butler: (81) +5
QB Matt Flynn: (63) -2

Packers Re-Signings
Re-Signed
CB Charles Woodson – 95 – Franchise Tagged
LG Gosder Cherilus – 86 – 3 years | $25 million
OL Daryn Colledge – 70 – 2 years | $2.5 million
ILB Pat Angerer – 68 – 3 years | $4.5 million
WR LaKieth Watson – 88 – 6 years | $49 million
OLB Clay Matthews – 91 – 5 years | $33 million
FB Richie Brockel – 88 – 5 years | $18 million

BOLDED – Denotes player who had 1 year remaining on contract
Looks like BJ Raji will be leaving next offseason. Wanted more than $11 million/year! Might need to draft a NT, though I do have some solid B potential backups.

Let Go
RT Lydon Murtha – Combination of money and performance
HB Rico Boswell – No upside
WR Harry Douglas – Have younger, cheaper WRs to replace him
OLB Jeremy Thompson – Talent
QB Jeremiah Masoli – Money

Free Agency
Top Available
ILB Jerod Mayo (NE) – 95 – BAL – 6 years | $51 million
SS Bob Sanders (IND) – 93 – DET – 3 years | $22 million
OLB Shaun Phillips (SD) – 93 – SF – 3 years | $29 million
LT Sam Baker (ATL) – 92 – GB – 6 years | $61 million
MLB Brian Urlacher (CHI) – 90 – TEN – 3 years | $21 million
SS Kenny Phillips (NYG) – 89 – DEN – 6 years | $42 million
HB Felix Jones (DAL) – 87 – STL – 6 years | $30 million
LT William Beatty (NYG) – 86 – ATL – 6 years | $55 million
WR Julian Edelman (NE) – 84 – PIT – 5 years | $29 million
QB Clarence Bowman (BAL) – 84 - ATL - 3 years | $20 million
RB James Davis (CLE) – 79 – TB - 4 years | $23 million
WR Harry Douglas (GB) – 76 – PIT – 5 years | $15 million

My Targets
LT Sam Baker (ATL) – 92 – SIGNED – 6 year | $61 million - Usually don't like to make these type of big signings, but former starting LT Haloti Solari isn't ever going to be special, but will make a good RT, so when I saw a franchise LT I jumped at the chance -- and due to my lack of free agent signings and unwillingness to overpay for my own players prior to this season, I had plenty of cash to throw at Baker.

Last edited by packabacka19; 01-25-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 AM   #848
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Bills 2013 franchise... I pulled the greatest comeback in my short Madden career out against the Patriots in the AFC Championship. In the pouring rain of Foxborough, it was a harsh 23-7 (NE) in the mid 3rd quarter so it I left it up to Jimmy Clausen to engineer a comeback and boy did we ever. It's amazing how the game takes momentum into consideration; the Pats walked all over me in the first half, but after a TD made it 23-14, my defense came out of nowhere to completely shut down the Patriots. With a minute and some change left, a pass to Anquan Boldin set up a chip-shot field goal to put us ahead 24-23. Our defense held tight on Brady's last drive, forcing a four-and-out, and only making Clausen come out to take a final victory formation to advance to the Super Bowl. A visual wrap-up will be posted shortly.

In that game, we have our work cut out for us. Against us are the 16-2 Minnesota Vikings, lead by AP and Chad Pennington. Looking back at their regular season results, they routinely blew out opponents and waltzed all over the NFC in the postseason, trouncing the 12-4 Saints and the 13-3 Falcons to represent the conference in the big game. Combine that with the Curse of Buffalo Sports and we might have a problem on our hands. We'll see how it goes!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »