Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM   #41
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

I am 4-2 with Dallas, year 1 of my franchise with roster update 5. I traded and picked up Allen Rossum from 49ers, so he has been a key to my success the last 2 games. I started out by beatin the fukkaneers 52-42. Coming home to play Giants, I got BLASTED, 48-17 moving to 1-1. The next week, I lose a hard fought battle to the panthers at the end of the game. 1-2. Coming to Bronco's, I ROMPED them 52-21, 2-2. Going into chiefs, we had a hard fought game but I took off at the end and won 49-21. I went into bye week with quite a few lingering questions, as miles austin had been injured since the first game, and my receivers were doing poorly. I come out of bye week with Miles austin healthy, and I make a gutsy move by placing Kevin Ogletree in overtop of crayton, and both austin and ogletree exploded for over 100 yards a piece receiver, and allen rossum took not 1, not 2, but 3 kick returns back for TD's, absolutely insane returns too, not just run straight through a gap. We barely edged off the Falcons, leaving me at 4-2, going into Seahawks game. I am playing on Playmaker's SLiders now, so the games are playing more realistically and alot harder for offense to move the ball. I have all my subs set up for each formation, so I have the 3 headed monster between choice, barber, and jones splitting the load. All 3 are having a great season. In the offseason, I am going to fire Wade Phillips and try to pick up a top tier coach and possibly get rid of jason garrett, and switch my offensive scheme up. I will see how this season plays out, though, before i make any big changes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 29

I finished the 2009 Season with Cleveland -
11-5 (3rd Place AFC North) - Final Wild Card Spot

Beat New England 14-13 in the Wild Card round.

Lost 41-24 to the Colts in the Divisional Playoff.

Had a nice draft.

Got an 84 OVR (B Potential) HB in the 4th Round

and

70 OVR (A Potential) WR in the 7th Round.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Other than Adrian Peterson leading the league in fumbles with 18, and having 6 lost fumbles in the last game, my franchise is going great.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Wow, in the first game of my 7th season vs the Chargers I pitched a 56-0 shutout. I allowed 2 first downs and even those came in the hurry up as they tried to close the 14-0 gap in the fleading moments of the first half. The one thing they did do was contain my running back to 16 yards in the first half.

Player of the game: QB Michael Bolt- 20 of 25 for 312 yards, 4TD and 3 carries- 17 yards, 1 TD

Other notables:
Kelvin Taylor- 18 attempts for 75 yards, 3 TDs
Jarrell Hendrix- 4 receptions for 89 yards, 1 TD
Greg Jones- 12 receptions for 152 yards, 3 TDs
Marcedes Lewis- 3 receptions for 50 yards
William Tolliver- 3 sacks
Rashean Mathis- 1 interception
Marcus Stroud- 1 sack
Vonteego Jackson- 1 sack
Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capown
Other than Adrian Peterson leading the league in fumbles with 18, and having 6 lost fumbles in the last game, my franchise is going great.
6 fumbles lost in one game? And you kept giving him the ball after the first 2-3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #46
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm 3-0 with the Eagles in Year 4. Went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl. Struggled the last 2. I'm used the fantasy draft and got a bunch of Rookies.

Gonna start a new franchise, it's gonna be with the Lions and I'm gonna sim the next 4 years and use the draft to build a SB team.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:30 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm in the offseason of my first season All pro 7 min Qtrs. My Saints went 16-0 and won the SB. Its really tough now because some of my rookies that were on IR aren't on the game anymore and we have a lot of players up for contract. I basically let the computer handle this. CPU resigned all my important players (Sharper, J. Evans, P. Thomas, etc.) I'm waiting to see how my new squad plays. I'm trying to get younger at the LB position because Fujita still plays well but is getting pretty slow now and so is Shanle. My offense still stayed intact so I think I can at least get back to the playoffs but if I want to keep my sponsorship, gotta get back to the SB.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #48
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Ugh, now I know how the Seahawks' coach felt when Mare missed those kicks a couple weeks back. I missed three field goals, two of which were in overtime. Houston/Jacksonville (which has become an intense rivalry by year three of my 'chise) ended in a 35-35 tie. Ridiculous. I just signed a new kicker, haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »