Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

CLE(me) currently sits at 3-2, in second behind Pittsburgh, Year One of franchise.
I lost to Pitt 13-10. Both teams couldn't run worth a darn. A pick 6 by Pitt was there only TD, while mine was a 5 yd run by Lewis.

Cribbs is out for the year with a torn pectoral since preseason game #2. Quinn is still my starter, as he's been doing just fine.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #34
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm also the Browns, almost at the end of my second season.

I'm 9-6, and basically have to win to secure a wildcard slot.

I'm #1 in rushing offense, and 31st in passing offense. I have both a rookie QB starting and a rookie rusher.

The running back is an absolute beast. Picked him up in round 5 and was wanting him all throughout the scouting process. Only way I could describe him is that he's built like Brandon Jacobs with the explosiveness of Adrian Peterson.

My QB, who I got in the 6th, sort of has a Derek Anderson-type feel. Great arm, but will throw behind receivers on passes that are just 5 yards. It's bizarre, his short range game is very poor, but he has a rocket, too. But accuracy trumps all, so I don't know if he's the long term answer.

My running back needs 25 yards to break Eric Dickerson's season rushing record. I have no doubt he'll get it in the final game of the season against the Bills. I had to turn up the rush difficulty for the CPU because his season was just insane. I don't expect him to ever do that again in the future, though. He did pass Earl Campbell in touchdowns with 20 after week 16.

I'd also like to say that the game continues to give me surprises. I was able to beat the 11-1 Pittsburgh Steelers in a tough game in week 15, but then got murdered by the Saints in week 16. They killed me, something like 52-7. It was 28-0 by the second quarter. Drew Brees was unstoppable. I've never had the CPU do that to me before in a franchise.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 15

3-2 in my third year with the Dolphins, I only play the division games and playoffs if I make it in. First season went 3-13 mostly because pennington was out the whole season, second season went either 13-3 or 14-2 and won the super bowl. In the third season now and have made a few changes to my team through the draft and free agent pick ups and two trades. My second season I traded for Ochocinco and him and my defense was the reason we made it to the superbowl after that season I picked up Merriman in free agency. After starting this season off 3-2 I decided to trade 35 year old Pennington for 28 year old Cassell because they have the same 85 rating and Cassell has an A potential so I'm gonna see how it works out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #36
Rookie

GoHuskies's Arena

OVR: 1

i am in year 6 of a Dolphins fantasy drafted franchise. it's going well, although i am disappointed in EA for some things in offline franchise, it is still moderately enjoyable.

i picked up reggie bush in year2 FA and he changed my team big time, even 6 years in this guy just owns in my offensive scheme. i like how some players, even without high ratings, can be studs. like for me Sean Jones, even at year 6 with declining ratings, makes big plays in big situations and that guy has saved my bacon many times, even though he is rated will under 80.

for me the most major problem is cpu blitzing. the better the defense a cpu team has, the more it will blitz, so the more i will score. the blitzes are absurd and make scoring way too easy. if the cpu blitzed even a little bit less, the games would be more challenging. i can drop 50 on the Patriots (who are in my division so a frequent opponent) because of the constant sellout blitzes. they have an AWESOME defense, but the blitzing on EVERY-SINGLE-PLAY really detracts from the game and reggie bush just goes off on them in the worst way. it's funny. it's annoying.

my #1 request is less cpu blitzes. they are exceptionally easy to exploit when you know one is coming on EVERY-SINGLE-PLAY.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #37
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

1st year Saints franchise and finished 13-3 with the first seed in the NFC playoffs. In the divisional round I just routed the Matt Leinart led Cardinals 62-27. Big Blue is next.

Highlight from the game:

Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #38
Rookie

GoHuskies's Arena

OVR: 1

^nice highlight
Old 10-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

I play with the Seahawks. I am 9-1. I only trade for players on the Trade Block and was able to pick up Jonathan Stewart and Lawrence Timmons. My O-line is not too Good. had to use some of them in the trades, but I use a quick passing game and a lot of Power O runs (involving FB and TE) to move the ball.

Hoping to find a replacement for Hasselbeck in the draft since he is aging. I play with injury sliders on 100 and he seems to get dinged up every game. When he is out I go from a 65% passer to a 50% passer in Seneca Wallace.

I am having a great time. What I do to keep the game fresh is script plays and use various playbooks throughout the season. Scripting helps me use around 50 different plays a game.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #40
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Third year of my Jaguars franchise and I'm 2-1 right now following a ridiculous loss to Atlanta. Matt Ryan is a 95OVR quarterback now and he's impossible to stop on All-Pro (w/ some slider adjustments). It was a shoot-out for a while, but they just lit me up through the air. My next four games are all gonna be rough, too. With the way I'm playing, I'll be lucky to see the playoffs this year. I won the Super Bowl the first two seasons (the second Super Bowl by only a point and that's only because Arizona missed the game-winning field goal) so I decided to ratchet up the difficulty, and it's really starting to hit me that the computer is a lot tougher. All I ask for is competitive games and not blowouts in either direction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »