Home

How's everyone's offline franchise going?

This is a discussion on How's everyone's offline franchise going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 AM   #873
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's everyone's offline franchise going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazztrumpet5
Reading these is just fascinating - I'm really enjoying finding out that people are as into their offline franchises as I am. I have notebooks of franchise info from past iterations of Madden and other games molding away somewhere in the basement...

That said, I haven't noticed anyone at all mentioning issues with sim stats across the board. How do you guys deal with having multiple 2,000 yard rushers at 6+ ypc every year?

I'm trying the tact of assuming rule changes or whatever caused it and am trying to roll with the numbers, but it's tough for me to really enjoy my franchises knowing that my busting my butt for my HB to gain 1,500 yards in a season is going to put him at the bottom of the pack at the end of the year.

Just curious what your takes on that are. I'd love to hear it.
Yeah, it is kind of annoying that every season there at 2000+ rushers and 1500 wont even be close to the top, when it would be in real life. Ive had over 2000 yd season with my runningback, and that same season there were like 5 other guys too.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #874
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan2106
Yeah, it is kind of annoying that every season there at 2000+ rushers and 1500 wont even be close to the top, when it would be in real life. Ive had over 2000 yd season with my runningback, and that same season there were like 5 other guys too.
In all honesty, I look at it as the talent getter better.

I remember when it was hard to get a 1000 IRL. Even Collinsworth makes a statement about how 1000 yards isnt a big deal anymore.

Personally, I am of the opinion that in a few years, 1800-2000 yard seasons will be normal.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #875
Banned

OVR: 29

Last edited by marktg30; 01-29-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #876
Pro

OVR: 15

3-1 with the Jets I just lost to the Saints 17-10 Brees was a monster in the game and Sanchez was terrible until the 3rd and 4th quarter. After the game I saw the Packers had Al Harris on the block and they were asking for a fullback so since he is one of my favorite players I traded Tony Richardson and a 1st round for him.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #877
Pro

OVR: 15

Now 4-1 bounced back very well after the loss to NO and beat Miami 45-3. It's only one game in but I believe I made a great move trading for Al Harris.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:52 PM   #878
Rookie

Daniels's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30

If you're going to do in-depth reports like that, why don't you just make your own franchise report in the Dynasty HQ instead of posting it in here.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #879
Rookie

Daniels's Arena

OVR: 7

Anyways, I've just started my first year in my new Redskins dynasty (which I plan to stick with for many seasons)

Promised not to look at draft guides, and picked up some good players.

6'9'' 235 lb receiver Terrance Trunk
6'0'' QB John Scotland
5'11'' LB Jamaal Timmons (great rushing linebacker, good compliment to Orakpo)

I picked Trunk just because of his size and was really debating on whether or not to pick him.

I lost Jason Campbell in free agency, and so my starting QB going into the season was Kellen Clemens (picked up in FA). So I picked the 6 foot (which also made me not pick him) Scotland. Been great for me so far.

Timmons is an amazing pass rushing LB. As I said great compliment to Orakpo.

Future looks bright for the Redskins, though I can foresee the day coming when a future superstar QB will be possible to pick in our spot on draft day and I will have to choose between the amazing but B potential Scotland and an A potential star but have to pay a lot for him and keep both contracts on the roster.

Last edited by Daniels; 01-29-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:09 PM   #880
MVP

OVR: 36

Haven't posted in this thread for awhile. So here's my Bills 2012 season so far.

PLAYED ALL GAMES
2009 record: 6-10 missed playoffs
2010 record: 11-5 record lost in wildcard round to Patriots in OT
2011 record: 8-8 record missed playoffs
2012 record: 4-1

With 3rd year starting QB A.J. Cleary (88 overall) my team has looked fairly good at times. In the opener, I came back from a 27-9 deficit in the 4th quarter to top the Ravens. In the 2nd game of the year, I barely beat the stacked Patriots. Their monster defense is very hard to compete with (Merriman, Mayo, Peppers, Asomugha, P. Willis, and Wilfork). Luckily I won 13-10. In the 3rd game, I barely beat the Texans in a shootout. Lynch ran all over the Texans in a close win. Texan's rookie QB Chris Essex looks like a franchiser though, as he shred my D apart.

In the 4th game, I barely beat the old Colts. Manning (94 overall) is declining but he still killed me. He had a great comeback drive with a minute and half left to take a 3 pt. lead against me in the 4th. Cleary came back with a 20 yard throw to my 3rd year WR Freeman (71 overall), who caught it, broke a tackle, and scored a 46 yard TD pass. Next, Manning came back and got inside the 20 with a 30 yard bomb to Wayne. Next he found K. Shell, at the 6 yard line. He called TO and had 13 seconds left. The first play was an incompletion as Posluzny knocked down a pass. Next, he threw a pass to Anthony Gonzalez, who dived yet caught it at the half yard line. The refs huddled and called it not a touchdown, and the Colts no huddled and got one last play off. Manning found Wayne in the corner, but I pushed him so he was close to out. The refs huddled again, and concluded that he was indeed out of bounds. Talk about a nailbiter.

In my 5th game I faced the division rivals Dolphins. Ronnie Brown played great against me, but big plays by Cleary to David Clowney (81 overall) helped me keep it close. Henne had a good game and found his fullback Polite in the endzone for a 9 yard TD catch to take a late 1 pt. lead. Next, I drove back with Cleary, but at the 30 yard line, I kept throwing instead of being conservative for the field goal, and Vontae Davis picked one off. Tough loss.

After this year, I believe I want to leave the Bills. I want to leave to the Jets or another potentially exciting team.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 01-29-2010 at 09:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »