Home

Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

This is a discussion on Do you NEED a new Madden game every year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #33
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do you NEED a new Madden game every year?

I could do without it until NEXT gen. Maybe they'll "rebuild the game from the ground up" for real next time.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 33

Yes I need Madden every year . . . .
Old 11-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #35
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

I would be more than happy to wait for a new Madden every 2-3 years as long as there were MAJOR improvements over the previous release, but I would like to have roster support for the last version starting after the draft, and the final update being after the trade deadline... the ratings currently have little importance, but to have your teams rookies and current roster along with the up to date rosters of the other 31 teams is important to me. I buy a new football game every year specifically for this reason.

i would hope that in the interim that another company were able to make a competing product, that way we could have a choice. Nothing in life is perfect, especially with video games, but this would be the closest scenario to me to perfection. A choice, with football video games, along with a reason for EA/Tiburon to make a major overhaul with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #36
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Just because they put out a new Madden title every year doesn't mean you have to buy it every year. Buy every other year. Bam, you have a two-year cycle, or at least something close to it.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #37
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Just because they put out a new Madden title every year doesn't mean you have to buy it every year. Buy every other year. Bam, you have a two-year cycle, or at least something close to it.
I think they are saying that the developers should spend two years on the game and release it every 2 years. if you only buy it once every 2 years its not the same...I personally liked 10 but I am not all into the small details that some people are into. if I have fun playing it for a few months I got my money's worth, then I move onto NHL and NBA games
Old 11-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #38
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I think next gen games like Madden will become something akin to WoW. I forsee a day where you purchase add on to the game instead of a yearly update. Possibly even pay a subcription fee. I think it would make for a better game long run. They could perfect the game instead of trying to redo it each year. It would give time to fully test upgrades to the game before release.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:59 PM   #39
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I think they are saying that the developers should spend two years on the game and release it every 2 years. if you only buy it once every 2 years its not the same...I personally liked 10 but I am not all into the small details that some people are into. if I have fun playing it for a few months I got my money's worth, then I move onto NHL and NBA games
I know what they are saying. I'm telling them it isn't going to happen. The closest you can come to getting a two-year cycle for sports games is to buy them every other year.

Which makes more sense:

• Buying every year and then posting on OS complaining that they should switch to a two-year cycle, which is NOT going to happen

-OR-

• Buying every other year, not complaining, saving $60, and get something close to a two-year development cycle.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 11-19-2009, 01:17 PM   #40
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy99
I think next gen games like Madden will become something akin to WoW. I forsee a day where you purchase add on to the game instead of a yearly update. Possibly even pay a subcription fee. I think it would make for a better game long run. They could perfect the game instead of trying to redo it each year. It would give time to fully test upgrades to the game before release.
EA would love to go to this model. ASP models provide the most $$$, just look at WoW. I can't see EVER paying a monthly fee for Madden, or ANY sports game. At that point, I'll be done with sports gaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »