Home

*Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

This is a discussion on *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread* within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #81
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: *Official Madden NFL 11 Info Thread*

Can't believe it's been a year since the rolling out of Madden 10's blogs. Hopefully Ian is here more often starting this month to start talking about Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
01-31-10

Ian Cummings mentioned a call with John Madden, and indicated we'll be seeing more shotgun plays in the playbooks next season.
Very Ironic. I just got kicked out of a league for running a lot of 3WR, 1TE and running shotgun when he had Shaun Rogers and a stacked DL. He wanted me to line up in IForm so he could stop it easily. The more Shotgun the merrier I suppose. Wonder what guys will cry about next year because their Defense got exploited rather than the A.I.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:36 PM   #83
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

I like the new logo for Madden...

Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #84
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Very Ironic. I just got kicked out of a league for running a lot of 3WR, 1TE and running shotgun when he had Shaun Rogers and a stacked DL. He wanted me to line up in IForm so he could stop it easily. The more Shotgun the merrier I suppose. Wonder what guys will cry about next year because their Defense got exploited rather than the A.I.
Yeah, the shotgun is already too powerful in Madden because of defensive line play. I'm a little worried about this.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 02-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #85
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yeah, the shotgun is already too powerful in Madden because of defensive line play. I'm a little worried about this.
I think I might not have been clear. The DL plays beast against the run if you have the horses and most NT's are going to blow up your Center especially if your Center has low strength. It just does not rush the passer well.

My point was, I wonder what guys will cry about next year since they are adding MORE shotgun and even Madden himself admits that today's game is spread and conquer. And it is ironic that EA is adding more to the game next year what I got kicked out of a league for. I applaud EA here as long as they get the pass rush and OL blocking right. I'm just pointing out also that you get guys who want to regulate what you do so you can play into their hands. If you play into their hands, you are sim. But if you don't, you are cheese. The dude even asked me if I watched football. I think we both do. He said nobody comes out consistently in what I came out in. I said he much not pay too much attention to the Patriots or the Colts.

I don't know what he or anyone would want in that situation. HE had Shawn Rogers and other studs in his 3-4 defense. I ran tosses and Sweeps. Tell me, how is this cheese especially when my interior line, the best rated guy was like an 82. I would have gotten steamrolled running up the middle with a FRAGILE Reggie Bush. But like I said, some of these guys out here man, there is sim and there is EXTREMISM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #86
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I think I might not have been clear. The DL plays beast against the run if you have the horses and most NT's are going to blow up your Center especially if your Center has low strength. It just does not rush the passer well.

My point was, I wonder what guys will cry about next year since they are adding MORE shotgun and even Madden himself admits that today's game is spread and conquer. And it is ironic that EA is adding more to the game next year what I got kicked out of a league for. I applaud EA here as long as they get the pass rush and OL blocking right. I'm just pointing out also that you get guys who want to regulate what you do so you can play into their hands. If you play into their hands, you are sim. But if you don't, you are cheese. The dude even asked me if I watched football. I think we both do. He said nobody comes out consistently in what I came out in. I said he much not pay too much attention to the Patriots or the Colts.

I don't know what he or anyone would want in that situation. HE had Shawn Rogers and other studs in his 3-4 defense. I ran tosses and Sweeps. Tell me, how is this cheese especially when my interior line, the best rated guy was like an 82. I would have gotten steamrolled running up the middle with a FRAGILE Reggie Bush. But like I said, some of these guys out here man, there is sim and there is EXTREMISM.
I say you and I run a league, bro.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:

Not to de-rail this thread too much but....

That isn't even "sim" of him to argue. The NFL isn't just an "I-form on 1st and 2nd down.. shotgun maybe on 3rd.. punt the ball" league. Obviously that guy wanted to play the game within the comfortable boundaries of his limited imagination. Too bad he didn't learn to play D instead of try to just eliminate you from the league lol!

The one thing that I've been really really impressed with in this year's Madden is the playbooks. They are just colorful and chock full of variety. At one point this year I was able to find a unique Steeler play that I saw broken down on a Steelers.com show and apply the same exact theory in the game....awesome.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #88
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I do think that Ian mentioned line play being a bigger part of this years focus, I truly hope so. There is no rhyme or reason for line play this year. It is better than in years past, but that isn't a huge accomplishment. I've become very frustrated with the running game. It seems like the majority of your big plays come off of broken tackles, and I very rarely see a big run due to good blocking. I've almost had it with the computer keying in on the run before the ball is snapped on all my running plays, and have no name DLs blow up the Panthers o-line on every running play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »