Home

Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video

This is a discussion on Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #25
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden Ultimate Team Fact Sheet, Release Date and "How To" Video

I am playing my franchise right now but plan on looking into this for sure tomorrow. I don't play online for a few reasons. One I really suck anyway so I am not fun to play against, but with this mode I would be willing to play with people from here looking for others that aren't buying packs. I am on 360 for all sports games (PS3 for baseball though) and my tag is the same as my name here. So if you aren't worried about playing a crappy player even if he has good players let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I think this game mode is tailored for online play. It isn't fun to get killed by the CPU when you have an all bronze team. If you can find some good people then it is pretty good.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin26
I am playing my franchise right now but plan on looking into this for sure tomorrow. I don't play online for a few reasons. One I really suck anyway so I am not fun to play against, but with this mode I would be willing to play with people from here looking for others that aren't buying packs. I am on 360 for all sports games (PS3 for baseball though) and my tag is the same as my name here. So if you aren't worried about playing a crappy player even if he has good players let me know.

Keep in mind too that if you are just into the collecting, you don't even have to play Ultimate Team against other people. You can just play against whatever AI team you want.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I think this game mode is tailored for online play. It isn't fun to get killed by the CPU when you have an all bronze team. If you can find some good people then it is pretty good.
I managed to beat the Steelers and Rams so far with my all bronze team on All Madden.

Stephen McGee as my QB, Colt Brennan as a back up QB.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 34

Dont care about this feature at all
Old 01-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #30
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

As a FIFA ultimate team nut, I feel a little aggrieved as many of the worries I had coming into the Madden version were realised.

For a start, the new identity you are supposed to forge out of your team becomes non-existent with the proscriptive choices of kits. You can't seem to mix and match pants and tops, and each kit MUST have its real life logo too. I'm guessing this is an NFL thing and not EA being short sighted, but the fact whatever you call your team doesn't even show up on a chunk of the stat overlays (I get Redskins) takes you out of it too. It feels like X NFL team but weird, instead of your very own team.

The complete lack of tournaments makes it almost redundant as a mode too. You can only play exhibition games, and if the key is to get to the top of the leaderboard, then you know some 14 year old stat boosters are going to beat you to it.

As for building the best team, EA have seemingly sacrificed the game it could be to make some extra money through microtransactions (which FIFA did to nearly the same degree). However, when last time you had only 11-16 players to keep in contract as opposed to 50+ this time, and the points earning is much slower, and teams are already sporting Packers Favres and lots of gold players...you get the impression that you have to pay for at least one platinum pack (only a minimum of 15 games to earn one, of course, all the while not spending a single token on keeping any of your players playing for you) to remain competitive.

If it offered more as a mode, it might be worth devoting time to it. But it feels so empty and so obviously bent towards buying a few packs to survive let alone compete, it's a bit of a damp squib.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 55

The leaderboard is only your friends too. You can't see overall leaders.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
If it offered more as a mode, it might be worth devoting time to it. But it feels so empty and so obviously bent towards buying a few packs to survive let alone compete, it's a bit of a damp squib.
Yeah, it seems to be a lot harder to grind out some coins. 1500 for a silver pack. For me that would take close to 5 games maybe more. I really wish there was a subdivision for "Coin Only" players. No fun playing against some little kid who has been buying platinum packs all day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »