Home

Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #121
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 11 Blog: Catch Tuning

In the blog where Ian says that certain catch animations won't trigger in some situations, it should read it won't trigger in most situation. But if it's fixed it'll make madden much more enjoyable next year to me. As long as its not glitchy or broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 2

eh they don't even have a video showing it.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #123
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Thanks, splff. So glad I'm no longer on board the hype train.

Peace.....
Yeah Sega...I've pretty much climbed off too.

And if the attitude of some of the people posting about the very early info/screens is any indication...this years hype train maybe in for some rough track ahead.

Maybe it's just me...but it kinda seems like not long ago, the very first screens and bit of info was historically greeted with overwhelmingly positive responses. Doesn't seem like that's the case in the very early going this year.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:14 AM   #124
Banned

OVR: 28

WHy does anyone buy into this stuff? Even if it really IS fixed, how is that exciting? It's 2010. Sports games have evolved now and Madden is stuck in 1999. Something that i got accustomed to seeing in football games from 5-6 years ago showing up in consoles that are 10X more powerful 5 years late doesn't excite me at all. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

At this point the level of realism we should be expecting should be light years beyond what there is today. It's incredible how disastrous football gaming has become.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 15

Im really hoping that this fixes the lack of rocket catching. I hated drafting, trading for, or having Fitzgerald type recievers that would never EVER fight for a jump ball and couldnt turn backwards toward the ball. I know Rocket catching can be game breaking for online players. But most online players are... uh beyond my concern when it comes to enjoying a fun game so i could care less for online tuning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2010, 07:53 AM   #126
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Ian Cummings' Catch Tuning Blog (3/24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I've started to play around with Autodesk 3ds Max. I'm building my little virtual Madden Man, and am gonna try to get some animation loops with some IK to show some of the biomechanics I'd like to see in Madden to make the game seem more authentic. I'm wondering if thats what Ian was using last year to show the route-running changes. It looks really similar to what I seeing as I'm working with it. I like 3dsMax a lot better than Cinema 4d. It's great for static work, but not animation. I'd be interested to find out what all they have in their toolkit. A lot of it has to be proprietary stuff, but I'm sure they've got a lot of "off the shelf" stuff, too.
I asked Ian this at CD last year. They do use 3ds Max.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »