Home

Community Day Feedback?

This is a discussion on Community Day Feedback? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 PM   #409
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: Community Day Feedback?

I think that a big part of the reason the CD guys are not allowed to speak on anything, YET, is because EA most likely wants to have their own blog about CD for marketing purposes, FIRST, THEN they can speak in detail about what they experienced, that's all. It's all about business, first and foremost but I would expect something this week about CD.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #410
Banned

OVR: 19

Im sure its been said, but I want to take the time to thank all the CD guys for taking the time to say what they can about M11 and their experience.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #411
Rookie

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Not a CD guy but I thought it looked TERRIBLE. What scares me is that I saw a post not long ago from Adembroski (who's opinion I respect alot) that said he may even play more NCAA then Madden this year....

He later said he likes college football more and thats why he said that, but after watching that video if someone would rather play NCAA over Madden, then this years Madden will not be a buy for me. (First time since 92')
He probly had no clue that NCAA was gonna look that bad. The CD guys played Madden not NCAA. They most likely are seeing these problems for the first time like everybody else.

I have to admit tho, I am pretty disappointed about how NCAA looked in that first video but Madden has nothin to do with that. Most likely the video on Thurday will look twitchy and bugged out, but by the time the game comes out it should be better, not like 2K5 but better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #412
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I think that a big part of the reason the CD guys are not allowed to speak on anything, YET, is because EA most likely wants to have their own blog about CD for marketing purposes, FIRST, THEN they can speak in detail about what they experienced, that's all. It's all about business, first and foremost but I would expect something this week about CD.
Yep.

In all honesty I didn't mean to put the CD guys into my post. I was mainly talking about the devs working on the game and the people that are behind releasing the info about the game. Mentioned the CD guys probably due to the fact that this thread is for them.

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-19-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #413
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
If the Madden trailer looks anything like the recent NCAA video just shown, this board is going to comlpletely implode.

That video has almost completely taken away any excitement I had for Madden 11. I am to the point now where I just dont think they will ever be able to make a good game until the new systems come out and they completey start over.
I felt the same exact way. Animations looked horrible, and that killed it for me big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Not really...

Blitz, NFL Street, Backyard Football, etc. all were NFL games that didn't mean to be a sim experience. Midway didn't have to really tell people that Blitz was an over the top game becuase it was made by Midway who were already known for their over the top sports games (e.g.: NBA Jam). And it really isn't insane... companies that use NFL players for their arcade football games mainly do it as a way to get people attracted to the game.

In terms of sales, Madden sales went down overall due mainly to the PS2's demise along with the Wii version doing bad more than likely due to the system's audience. PS3 madden sales on the other hand went up.

Anyways, Madden is large and various people play it. There's sim people and then there's people that want to just have mindless fun. In previous years this gen it did seem like the latter were the main focus with things added like weapons but it's obvious that now things are much more sim focused. They are still going to be catering to both crowds though... they have to. If they made everything straight up sim without giving the option to have those things off and/or not in, it would alienate many people who get Madden. It's just the way it is.

I don't think taking out an old locomotion engine and implementing a new one could be done in a patch... if so I'm pretty sure that it would be fairly large. Also, there's much more news to come about the game...

Last gen Maddens did do things better but there were also issues with them too. I would have been fine with the first few Maddens this gen being nothing but HD versions of the last gen Maddens that were of the same name but at a certain point, things would start to be stagnant since everything would be pretty much maxed out and then people would complain about madden not having "next gen worthy" graphics, and being a rehash each year (something that's already said, but it would more than likely be said even more so).

Not really, if anything I think it would be due to it's cheaper price... that is, if it did which is something that I also doubt.

There's many that get Madden based on graphics alone. Not everyone that gets Madden feel the way people here on OS do.

Now I'm seeing why Ian, most of the CD guys, etc. are being pretty quiet. Anything said can lead to people having really final and detailed conclusions on the game. You can say one small little thing and ones will turn it into meaning a big thing that's completley different from what a person meant (and I can admit to doing this in the past). I didn't like the approach of EA giving Madden '11 news at first but after seeing what's going on now with NCAA '11 which is taking a Madden '10-like approach in giving news, I can say that the people behind Madden '11 made a right/smart move.
I see you broke down my entire post , and I only see 2 things from what you did.

1. You are defensive about Madden. Which I respect you have every right.
2. You and I see things differently, so there is no need for me to discuss things further with you, as it will only turn into a discussion that will never end.

Your points I can dig deep and prove otherwise, but why should I take away your joy.

I'll just let it be. Take care
Old 04-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #414
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint92
He probly had no clue that NCAA was gonna look that bad. The CD guys played Madden not NCAA. They most likely are seeing these problems for the first time like everybody else.

I have to admit tho, I am pretty disappointed about how NCAA looked in that first video but Madden has nothin to do with that. Most likely the video on Thurday will look twitchy and bugged out, but by the time the game comes out it should be better, not like 2K5 but better.
Just remember when Madden 10's video hit the internet, it looked the same way when the game was released, so I do not think this will be any different.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #415
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

I see you broke down my entire post , and I only see 2 things from what you did.

1. You are defensive about Madden. Which I respect you have every right.
2. You and I see things differently, so there is no need for me to discuss things further with you, as it will only turn into a discussion that will never end.

Your points I can dig deep and prove otherwise, but why should I take away your joy.

I'll just let it be. Take care
I'm not really defensive, it's just that I didn't agree with everything that you said and I guess that since the way I feel isn't really popular around here that it looks like I am. I actually agreed with some of what you said so we actually don't have completely different viewpoints.

Would have liked to see your response and what great proof you had to back it up...

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-20-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #416
MVP

OVR: 21

can the CD guys comment on whether or not Madden's catch and locomotion system (the only things discussed so far) look better than that NCAA vid?

• PSN ID: MaddenDew

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »