Home

Community Day Feedback?

This is a discussion on Community Day Feedback? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #425
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Community Day Feedback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
That NCAA video looked so bad. It shouldn't have been released. I hope that's not what the game really looks like when completed.

I gave M10 a pass as it was basically a bug fix release, but M11 is going to show us what Tiburon group can do with regards to fixing the game and truly representing a real game of football. There should be no excuses this year for the core elements of the game. I have my Hava hooked back up after some downtime. Even better I can record while I play via my laptop, so I'll be putting together comparative videos on M11 once the game is released and I get a copy (may even rent it early this year). I have a pretty short list of what I expect to see in M11, and they are all core aspects to a game of football. As such, I fully expect them to be implemented in M11. No excuses this year for fundamental gameplay.
No I hear you and I agree. The videos were definitely disappointing, and I voted as much in the poll. I guess I am not as disappointed as most though, because I don't expect too much from Madden anymore.

I will be getting Madden 11. For right now though there is only one reason why. Gamestop had a promo where you could trade in Madden 10 for a $40 credit towards 11. That is a lot more than I could have gotten by trading it in for anything else. At $20, 11 is a much better proposition for me, and if it isn't good, I can trade it in and actually get more than I paid for it lol.

My hope though is that 11 actually turns out to be good and I will want to own it for other reasons besides the fact that I can get it for $20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #426
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Any of you CD guys care to comment on the new dual stick controls?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...opslot;title;2

Does it feel as good as it looks?
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #427
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
What I want them to overhaul in the gameplay department is locomotion, OL/DL interaction (real pocket etc), passing (ball trajectory, route based passing, ball physics ect), and WR/DB interaction.

Looks like locomotion is supposed to be overhauled, unfortunately Ademborski said there were two major overhauls when it came to gameplay and locomotion is one of them. I think OL/DL interaction will be the other, which probably means the passing game and WR/DB interaction will be left for next year.

Just my guess...
I really really hope it's fixing the ball trajectory and other passing game aspects. I feel like it just might be the passing game got re-hauled because of the catch debugging tool so they may have just went ahead and overhauled the passing game.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #428
MVP

Bgamer90's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I bring up a few things.

You mention titles that were geared to be arcady to dispute my comment about a NFL video games obviously needs to be sim, but I thought it was clear that I was speaking of NFL games that have 11 on 11 players, not games that offer 6 vs 6 etc . Those games are very obviously geared to the arcade side, and is why I mentioned Blitz. I did not know I had to name every title to be clear.
Oh okay. Your statement, "Any NFL football game is meant to be developed as a sim experience period. How can a developing company think other wise is insane." didn't really show that to me since you didn't say anything about the number of players.

Quote:
You talked about sales, but what happened on the PS2 is obvious when those owners either bought a xbox 360 or PS3, but still sales fell. PS3 sales went up but from where? It still falls short of their goal.

We both know Bgamer90 Madden sales have dropped. It has not been a secret. We have both seen the threads in here from "Boss not happy" "Madden sales have dropped", and others.
The PS3/360 are not selling nearly as well as the PS2 (the best selling Madden game system last gen) did. So that ties in with it. Current gen Madden sales have went up compared to previous current gen madden versions. Madden on the current gen systems (except for Wii) is doing fine. Those articles about the sales dropping were from the first month that Madden 10 was out. During that time the sales were down but as the months progressed, Madden 10 was selling more than Madden 09 did during those months.

Quote:

Madden 11 is fixed version of Madden 10, maybe it wont be when the title releases, but that is the message I received after reading his post.
Isn't that a good thing?

Quote:
MLB the show is nothing more than what was on the PS2 but maxed out on the PS3, and that title is far from being stagnant. Madden could have done the same, and even taken last gen madden way ahead, with these systems being more powerful. Especially with memory.
They would have had to implement a new system at some point. The suction problems in the last gen maddens games were just too large to keep everything the same and just tack on new features trying to cover the problems up.

Quote:
Better A.I , more animations, deeper franchise, and on and on. I just feel that Madden last gen still had more years left, as long as they maximized it on the next gen systems like the show did. everything would have been fine.
Don't really agree about the A.I. but I do agree in terms of animations and franchise... those things were better last gen.

Anyways, like I said before in this thread, I would have enjoyed HD ports of last gen Maddens for the first 2 years or so during this gen but after that the game would have shown it's age. Madden wouldn't have been able to innovate and bring big new gameplay features in if they just kept finding ways to max out the old last gen engines of Madden.

Quote:
As for Ian. I feel this guy is cool, but at the same time works for EA, and can only hype things up and is not in postion to say the full truth about Madden weakness.

I do appreciate this from him. I ask him a question about sticking with last gen Madden on the next gen system, knowing what they know now about the coding they use now with Madden, and he answered yes.

He simply said they needed more time with the new coding, and mentioned certain things both did well, but yes they should have waited longer before using the new coding for Madden.

He was very honest there and I appreciate it.
Yeah and I agree with that. An HD port of Madden 06 would have been waaay better than the real Madden 06 for the 360. All I'm saying though is that I wouldn't have wanted it to be that way for all of this gen. Instead of just polish, I want completely new game changing features to the series along with polish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Gameday was the shizz lol. But, it wasn't like the gameplay in Madden just went horribly wrong. It was the same as it had always been, and that was the point. Gameday came and showed the world not only something new, but also good.
I was pretty young at the time (7-9 years old) but since I grew up with Madden, I was in shock at how they were still using sprites while Gameday was using 3D players. It made for a big difference in look, especially back then.

Quote:
Homie it's cool. In the end we all want a solid game to play.
Yep. (This is a better as a conclusion compared to it being an intro)

Last edited by Bgamer90; 04-20-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #429
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I agree with most of what you say most of the time, but I totally disagree with that.

I know that you mainly mean it from the standpoint of at least we wouldn't have a "beta" game posing as retail for the past few years, but I think that the last gen Madden's are beyond past their time.

I've played Madden since Madden 91 or 92, and I think that the gameplay has changed minimally over the years. Yes there have been new additions, features, improvements, tweaks. Yes the power of the systems have been paramount in making gameplay improvements as well, but to me, it is still... Madden lol.

I know that when 10 came out, I saw tons of posts by people that said basically, wow this is so diff, and wow I have to learn how to play again, and I just DID NOT get that at all. From the second I put the game in, I felt like I was playing Madden. Did it take a little while to adjust to some things that were new? Yes, but it wasn't like I was playing a totally new game like some people made it out to be. It just isn't.

Having been a Madden gamer primarily for most of my life I can say that when I played Gameday, THAT was a different experience. Never having owned any 2K Football games until 2K5 (played the original 2K at a friends house a couple of times, and liked it but I didn't think I had time to focus on 2 games) I can say that that was definitely a different experience. I did not feel that way at all about 10.

Now this is not to say that I am saying that Madden 92 and Madden 10 are the same game. Not saying that at all. What I am saying is that I would like for once to play a Madden and not get a feeling of deja vu. I can already guess the responses to this post, but I can't really explain it any better than this.
Wasup Friend (Only1LT)

This is how I view certain things. I totally see where your coming, but let me ask you this. When do we say" ok they did it and now all they have to do is keep building off of it"

I always felt last gen Madden's gameplay was right on and was the foundation to continuously build on. To ask for something new can turn into something bad, and I fell next gen Madden proved that.

I just felt EA had it and just kept needing to grow on what they had. It kind of like the SIN GREED. You have something good already but you get greedy and now want something better, and you get burnt. This sin falls into everything in life.

Madden gamers got greedy.

This also concerns me with the MLB the show series. They nailed it already. There is no need for them to do anything major to that franchise , but keep dressing it up. Maybe add a new pitching scheme , but nothing crazy, I hope they do not fall into that concept that they need to do something new. They nailed it already so just keep dressing it up.

I really came to realize how solid last gen Madden was when I played Madden 08 on the PC. The game looks incredible at 1080p, and has a ton of control features that makes me wonder, why the heck did they change their control scheme. They had a great setup already.

The animations were smooth, and the play on the field felt so nice. Yes the game was not perfect , and we all know that we are not looking for perfection, but what we have now is annoying, and frustrating.

Only1LT if you can please play Madden 08 on a PC @ 1920 x 1080, and it will amaze you on how EA was there , but went so backwards on the next gen systems. Please give it a shot and holla back.

Quote:
As far as the NCAA vid goes, I don't know why people are saying that it is horrible. The animations are not in 2K's league, but it is still an improvement from Madden 10.

Now I'm not saying that I think it is where it should be. Afterall, I am a 2K convert lol, and I feel that Madden is light years behind in the animation and locomotion department, but if you think that NCAA 11 (which it's early and could improve) looks so horrible that you are writing off Madden 11... well then how did you even play Madden 10 for more than a millisecond, because it definitely looked WORSE????

Someone has to explain that to me.
I can not speak for everyone, but for me it the whole mannequin look, and robotic look to the players movement. It is now 6 years and we still have to endure this.

They really need to start over with their whole coding. What they have now will never satisfy the Majority.

I will still give it a go in hopes the A.I performs well, not perfect just playable.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 04-20-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #430
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgamer90
Oh okay. Your statement, "Any NFL football game is meant to be developed as a sim experience period. How can a developing company think other wise is insane." didn't really show that to me since you didn't say anything about the number of players.

Ok so you and I are clear there.

The PS3/360 are not selling nearly as well as the PS2 (the best selling Madden game system last gen) did. So that ties in with it. Current gen Madden sales have went up compared to previous current gen madden versions. Madden on the current gen systems (except for Wii) is doing fine. Those articles about the sales dropping were from the first month that Madden 10 was out. During that time the sales were down but as the months progressed, Madden 10 was selling more than Madden 09 did during those months.

But in the end they did not reach their goals, and again all because 10 sold more than 9, it still does not mean it's a good thing. For example. Lets say your goal is 20, and in your 1st year you sell 4, then in your second year you sell 6, are you happy even though you beat the previous years in sales?

Isn't that a good thing?

it is a good thing, but isn't more like a patch? I just think this proves that the coding used for this franchise sucks, and they need a whole new system. This coding has proved that A.I, physics, and animations are very tough to pull off. Do you agree?

They would have had to implement a new system at some point. The suction problems in the last gen maddens games were just too large to keep everything the same and just tack on new features trying to cover the problems up.

Remember last gen systems were limited , next gen systems have much more firepower, and Im sure this could have been taken care off

Don't really agree about the A.I. but I do agree in terms of animations and franchise... those things were better last gen.

The A.I on last gen was more reliable than this gen Madden. I notice you mention Madden 06, have you played Madden 08 on the PC? If not give it a shot. You can get that game for like $4 on amazon. I think you will see why I feel the way I do.

Anyways, like I said before in this thread, I would have enjoyed HD ports of last gen Maddens for the first 2 years or so during this gen but after that the game would have shown it's age. Madden wouldn't have been able to innovate and bring big new gameplay features in if they just kept finding ways to max out the old last gen engines of Madden.

To be honest we will never know what they could have done with last gen madden on these systems. I do not think it would have been as minimal as polish. These systems are much stronger and they could have done major things. The gameplay was there, the features were there, among other things.

What we do know is all of those things are gone, and many are asking for them back.
Again play Madden 08 on the PC and it will strongly remind you of all the great things we once had. Some in here tried it and were amazed as they were reminded where Madden once was , and where the franchise is now. What you have now is better still shots.

Give it a shot and holla back.

Yeah and I agree with that. An HD port of Madden 06 would have been waaay better than the real Madden 06 for the 360. All I'm saying though is that I wouldn't have wanted it to be that way for all of this gen. Instead of just polish, I want completely new game changing features to the series along with polish.

I answered this with the comment above

Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #431
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
What I want them to overhaul in the gameplay department is locomotion, OL/DL interaction (real pocket etc), passing (ball trajectory, route based passing, ball physics ect), and WR/DB interaction.

Looks like locomotion is supposed to be overhauled, unfortunately Ademborski said there were two major overhauls when it came to gameplay and locomotion is one of them. I think OL/DL interaction will be the other, which probably means the passing game and WR/DB interaction will be left for next year.

Just my guess...
I agree... Now that they announced the new running system, I would assume they work on the blocking.. However they announced a new catching system which would also hint they would work on WR/DB hmmm..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #432
MVP

OVR: 15

IMO they need to absolutely nail the OL/DL interaction this year. I just played a game of Madden 10 for the first time in months and it is PATHETIC how bad it is. You cant follow blocks, players warp off blockers to tackle you, there are no defensive "win" animations where DT's blow OT's back into the backfield, and the DE's just lock to the OT at the line of scrimmage allowing people all day in the back field and the ability to scramble out of the pocket with ease. THEY NEED TO EXPLODE UP FIELD.

Hopefully this has been COMPLETELY scrapped and re-written to at the very least be as good as APF2k8. This is an absolute must or Madden will once again be a huge dissapointment to many.

Edit: After playing Madden 10 again I can tell why I only played it for about 2 weeks this year. The game just feels choppy, I dont know exactly how to explain it but it is not smooth and I never really feel in control of the action. I cant figure out exactly what it is but it just feels like a jumbled mess. Almost like playing one of those old time football games where the board vibrates and everything just shakes uncontrollably all over the place.

Last edited by ch46647; 04-20-2010 at 09:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »