Home

Missed tackles are a beautiful thing.

This is a discussion on Missed tackles are a beautiful thing. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Missed tackles are a beautiful thing.

When discussing tackle mechanics in Madden, it's always brought up that they need not just 'broken' tackles, but 'missed' tackles, since that happens far more often than broken tackles. Well, I'm not an NCAA guy, but I was checking out their updates since the game looks promising and saw this video. Check out the clip starting at 4:20.

It's a beautiful thing, isn't it? The last move and missed tackle at the end of the brief gameplay clip there is great.
Hell, watch all of the clips in that video, there is some good stuff. Some neat tackle animations we haven't seen, and some pretty cool blocking, where they're pushing the guys instead of just locking up with them.

I know this isn't Madden, but I can't imagine the same won't have been incorporated into it, as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Missed tackles are a beautiful thing.

Really? I thought this was pretty damn awesome.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

That is pretty cool, actually. Too bad Madden doesn't have it... which boggles the mind.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
That is pretty cool, actually. Too bad Madden doesn't have it... which boggles the mind.
same here
Old 05-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Can a NCAA user chime in and clarify whether these missed arm tackles were in a previous version of the game? I can't imagine they were or there would have been people posting YouTube videos of 'Why can NCAA do this but Madden can't?"

Because of that fact, I'd have to guess it's pretty safe to assume these animations will be in Madden this year, as well. I mean, the guy that revamped the OL run blocking did the blog for both sides, they are both getting new lighting, and are both using some new 'presentation tool' to create the pre-game cut scenes. It'd be silly to think Madden would leave this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 22

Not when you're the one that misses the tackle, just ask my last controller. And yes, they had missed tackles in previous years.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 05-25-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17

This sounds cool.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

yeah i thought those were in previous madden's though too? there was an animation where i would juke and the defender in front of me would slide to the side and miss the tackle lol... am i mistaken?

haha i like how in the video right after that highlight clip they are discussingg how they finally have made agility and accelleration work... how long have those ratings been in the game? lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »