Home

Presentation Comparison: Madden vs Madden

This is a discussion on Presentation Comparison: Madden vs Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Presentation Comparison: Madden vs Madden

Watching this whole video reminded me exactly what I hated bout M 04.
WR's never dropped the ball, it was damn near impossible for a defender to knock the ball out after a WR caught it, it was too fake.

And I hate how every first down, they show the WR flexing or posing, and the QB smiling. It use to piss me off to no end. Thats why I like this swagger rating thing, hopefully it fixes this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 6

I hated Al Michaels and Tom Hammond doing play-by-play.

They sounded completely disconnected from the game.

In fact, they sounded literally like they sat in a booth and read off a script.

Collinsworth is much better at color commentary and analysis, but his script was really bad and generic. Madden was just boring to me. I never really liked his commentary and the way he invented words and discussed everything like he was punched around a little to much in a boxing ring. His schtick got old back in the 1990's.

Collinsworth would be great if they gave him better lines to say. If I hear "Tight Ends are like pacifiers for Quarterbacks..." one more time, I'll scream lol.

The other problem is that there's no dialogue. One guy says something. And then the other guys says something - but they never talk to EACH OTHER.

ESPN 2K5 has the two commentators actually talking to each other about stuff. Madden doesn't.

I can't believe 6 years later I'm still comparing Madden's weaknesses to ESPN 2K5's strengths... unbelievable.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #27
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7

The commentary.. especially at the beginning is VERY good and sounds realistic. I miss those Madden days
Playing right now: Rocket League
Games Looking forward to: Moving to PS4 lol
Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

Al sounds pretty darn good there.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzien

Collinsworth is much better at color commentary and analysis, but his script was really bad and generic. Madden was just boring to me. I never really liked his commentary and the way he invented words and discussed everything like he was punched around a little to much in a boxing ring. His schtick got old back in the 1990's.

Collinsworth would be great if they gave him better lines to say. If I hear "Tight Ends are like pacifiers for Quarterbacks..." one more time, I'll scream lol.

The other problem is that there's no dialogue. One guy says something. And then the other guys says something - but they never talk to EACH OTHER.

ESPN 2K5 has the two commentators actually talking to each other about stuff. Madden doesn't.

I can't believe 6 years later I'm still comparing Madden's weaknesses to ESPN 2K5's strengths... unbelievable.
True about Collinsworth.. I can recite every line of his now. They really need to give him some new lines. From what I've seen, they didn't really give him new lines for Madden 11..
Old 06-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #30
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzien

The majority of the time when I have a problem with the way next-gen Madden is, I blame the EA suits. However, this is one of the rare times where the blame has to be on the Madden devs, IMO. I have heard quite a few guys on OS say, the devs should be doing a better job with whatever the EA suits are allowing them to do. This is a great example of one of those areas, IMO.

I just dont understand why they wouldnt put Gus and Chris in the both together for all the commentary. It allows for improved commentary and banter, which gives it a realistic sound. It's so frustrating when average joes, like myself, notice simple stuff like this and other sports games(I think EAs' NCAA Bsketball 10 did!) have it but not Madden. Also, the fact that in one of the Madden 11 dev videos, they actually said it was great having Gus and Chris in the booth together this year. Im not saying they didnt put them in the booth together at all but from what we have heard so far, they didnt do it right or enough, IMO.

I think the Madden devs can take these lemons the EA suits keep handing them and make better lemonade.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

i miss the old madden, the commentary was on point; especially @ 4:47 "he makes the catch, he knows hes gonna get nailed...."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #32
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
I like how MLB the Show did it - it's virtually the same exact game and gameplay on PS2 and PS3 with just a graphical upgrade on PS3 - I wish madden would have done that cause I agree it looks better on PS3 but the PS2 versions felt much better IMO
If it ain't broke...

I remember the sinking feeling I had in my stomach when I played Madden 07 on my 360 for the 1st time. lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »