Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Showing off the "Swagger"

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Showing off the "Swagger" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Showing off the "Swagger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Unless there is something I am missing, I have yet to see any NEW impact Swagger has on Madden NFL 11.

These celbrations were already in Madden 10, and played out in Madden 10. That wasn't the problem. the problem was that the presentation didn't show them as often as it should. Jared Allen would get the sack and do his hog tie and we would see two linebackers bump each other in the presentation. If you went back to the replay, or paused the action early enough, you would see Allen in his Hog tie pose.

Similarly, I have only seen randy Moss do his Part the Defense animation twice when I have played Madden 10. I don't miss 09's blue boxes, but I miss being able to choose your own celebrations. This way I was sure to do the TD dance I wanted, if I even wanted to do one. After a Pick 6 on a pass to Randy Moss, i want to be abel to do the Part the Defense celebration to taunt him. I could do that in 09, I can't in M10 or 11. Sad face.
Co-Sign...People that say they like this answer this....

What is too like when this was in Madden 10? This is just basic touchdown/ Post play celebrations. What is new about this "Swagger" video I should get excited about?
Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 15
So lemme get this straight, Madden has many game flaws that have plagued the series for years: Rocket catching, Morphing, Suction blocking, Bad physics, Bad animations, Bad ratings, etc.

What does EA focus on? Shortening game times, Easier to use playbooks, Locomotion (which if it is anything like in NCAA 11 demo, ins't something to be completely proud of yet), and Swagger.

I don't mind playing a longer game, I had no trouble with the old playbooks, and Locomotion just isn't there yet (using NCAA 11 demo as a judge.) How about fixing what's already broken BEFORE making new things? I'd rather buy Madden if it's back of the box feature literally stated: "Madden 11: Glitches Fixed" and that's it. EA, just step your game up. Literally.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #75
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

This seems like one of those things that should just be in the game. It shouldn't be touted as a feature and it shouldn't be used as a rating. Special teamers celebrate after every tackle, and they're the worst players (well, typically backups) on the whole team. You don't need a rating to celebrate, that's for sure!

This is just a "Madden" feature in my book. Easy ammunition for those who want the meat & potatoes (gameplay) fixed and don't care for all the gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #76
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Co-Sign...People that say they like this answer this....

What is too like when this was in Madden 10? This is just basic touchdown/ Post play celebrations. What is new about this "Swagger" video I should get excited about?
well I know specifically that CJ celebration is actually a custom celebration and its new so, thats "new" but im not sure you really need to be excited about it.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 27

It appears that it has to do with whether a player will celebrate or not (or how they'll celebrate) in a given situation. Man, I've been asking for this since forever. I hated watching Marvin Harrison doing dances or Peyton Manning wiggling his body like a krump dancer (2K5) after running for a TD. It was ridiculous because they never did this in real life. So it sounds like this new rating is trying to address that. I like it a lot.

I hope it also translates to post-play, because not every player gets up and starts celebrating after a play. Not everyone has that kind of personality. I've felt for a long time like there should be a rating to reflect that.

On a related note, I saw an on-the-way-to-the-endzone point in a recent video that looked to be fixed from the one they had before (I called the old one the John Travolta). That's another thing I've been complaining about forever, so it's good to see this finally being addressed. I want to see something here every year. It's one of the emotional parts of making a play, you see it in every game in the NFL, so it should be taken seriously.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 07-01-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 10
agree with Watcher. its not a humongous feature, but def a welcome addition as it will kinda regulate who and when they will celebrate and act out. i like the idea and have no clue why ppl are so bent outta shape over it. the only thing i still dont get is why in madden 11...can we not get button specific celebrations that we can customize EXACTLY like 2k5. they studied the game, but couldnt pick this up?!? Ian needs to do more studying IMO and pick up custom celebrations and working challenges thatll let u decide wat u want to challenge.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 25

Im indifferant really....On one hand i feel pumping up something that has been there already and giving it a goofy name is just lame....On the other hand, the celebrations do add emotions and can be seen...

Does nothing for gameplay, neither helps it or hurts it...So....

Looking forward to the demo....
Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #80
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Exactly how is "the engine falling apart"?
I would like to see the game get back to the levels that it was prior to the jump to the PS3 and 360. Gameplay is crawling back. Madden 10 was much better in this regard than 07 was. That game was nearly unplayable. Just as importantly, there have been so many features that were in the game back then that are still missing, and for me, were so much more important than something like swagger, which is nearly meaningless....

I suppose its all a point of view. I imagine that most of the guys who are all excited about this (and things like it) are younger. Guys like myself (Im 32), I think want more substance and less glitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »