Home

If there was an option to hide ratings would you be interested at all?

This is a discussion on If there was an option to hide ratings would you be interested at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an option to hide ratings for franchise?
Yes, I would definitely use it. 228 56.16%
I might try it out, but I don't need it. 71 17.49%
An option wouldn't hurt, but its not for me. 54 13.30%
No, I would not want to see this in Madden. 53 13.05%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2010, 05:09 AM   #105
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: If there was an option to hide ratings would you be interested at all?

bump past all the closed threads.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 9

Definitely. I'd like to be able to see my players' ratings, with the exception of the overall rating. When looking at FAs and incoming rookies I'd like to just see estimated letter grades that could be more or less accurate depending on the quality of my coaches, scouts, and front office staff. I like the potential grading system, though I do wish it could also be accurate or inaccurate based on the quality of my staff.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

So basically the majority has spoken. Will EA take notice in their revamped franchise mode for Madden 12? I really hope that they shock us all in franchise mode and make scouting players more important as well as actually seeing them play. I don't want to rely on overalls to set my depth chart.

― Plato
Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #108
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
So basically the majority has spoken. Will EA take notice in their revamped franchise mode for Madden 12? I really hope that they shock us all in franchise mode and make scouting players more important as well as actually seeing them play. I don't want to rely on overalls to set my depth chart.
Yeah nearly 75% would use it. Lots of different ideas on how to implement it and how far to go with it but that's for EA to decide.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1

It sounds awesome. I've had a linebacker outperform another and I benched the one who played better because of his rating. I like this idea a lot. I think they should have it in the game but also give us an option to use it or not.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #110
Pro

rooney8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Back ups are not starters. Coaches know he's not as good as who they have starting. They'd fail as a starter because they weren't good enough. Some back ups are starters in waiting, some are good enough for the spot duty required of them. Coaches know this.
They have an idea but Vick had to do an awful lot on the field before Andy Reid named him starter. Practice is very different from games. I am sure coaches are constantly surprised by guys they put in and dissapointed by others. You have an idea on a player but until you see him on Sunday you're never certain. I would love in Madden if my first QB is tanking to put in my 2nd and give him a chance. But what's the point in Madden because you already know he's not better because that's what his overall says.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #111
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackal25
Definitely. I'd like to be able to see my players' ratings, with the exception of the overall rating. When looking at FAs and incoming rookies I'd like to just see estimated letter grades that could be more or less accurate depending on the quality of my coaches, scouts, and front office staff. I like the potential grading system, though I do wish it could also be accurate or inaccurate based on the quality of my staff.
I want something similar to this. I want an OPTION to hide all ratings and just display three things. Player stats, NFL combine results and a letter grade evaluation from the coaching staff. For example, Im looking at a DE, it would show his career stats, next screen NFL combine results and next screen a letter grade evaluation from my defensive coordinator, offensive coordinator, special teams coach and head coach.

This would be enhanced even more with the addition of position coaches from HC 09 like receiver, running back, defensive back, etc. This would help find talent at other positions based on what your actual coaches think without seeing ratings. For example, if a QB was evaluated D by the head coach, offensive coordinator and QB coach but the receiver coach has him evaluated B, I should move him over to WR.

That said, this can still be achieved with the current coaching staff format by using the current coaches position specialty to determine player roles. For example, if Mike Singletary is your 49ers head coach with a position specialty for LBs and he evaluates a DE with a B grade but the defensive coordinator with a position specialty for DL gave him a D, you should try him at LB. The caveat to all this is, the player would only be better at the new position under that coach and team. 49ers coach Singletary could cause that D graded DE to be an B graded LB but place that same DE under a different coach, team or both and everything changes.

The coaches evaluations and impact of their position specialty should fluctuate based on the team they are working for. Just like players and coaches, NFL teams have their own personalities and some coaches are not the best fit for certain teams. Mike Martz would not be the best head coach fit for the Steelers. LOL

This would add great depth to the draft, free agency, trades and weekly team decision making. Imagine being in an online franchise with people or offline franchise against the CPU and a team offers you a 3rd round pick for you 3rd string QB that your coaches evaluated a D. You jump on that trade, that team moves him to WR based on their coaching staff evaluation and in 2 years, he makes the Pro Bowl.

This could also improve the contract negotiating AI in Madden because a player could know his worth at a different position for other teams. If I had a C evaluated DE who is evaluated A at LB or DE by other teams coaching staffs, he would be demanding more money. He will figure if your team will not pay him, another team might, just like real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #112
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I'd love it because in offline franchise the preseason might matter. It would be more than a way to have the CPU sim my players into injuries

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »