Home

Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

This is a discussion on Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #145
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 11 Fantasy Draft guide

He adressed this specificially in the writeup. In general, if you're playing a 3-4, ignore the overall rating for DE, it's worthless. The DE overall calculation is based on 4-3 DEs, i.e. pass rushers, but for the 3-4, you don't want/need pass rushing DEs, you want big guys that stuff the middle, your outside rush is your OLBs job.

So if you get an OLB who is a good pass rusher he might get a huge boost if you move him to DE (Watson, his 46th round pick is an example, gains around 10ish points if moved) but that doesn't mean he's actually a good DE in a 3-4. Just leave him at OLB and use him on the side you rush most often (ROLB for the typical 3-4 schemes), he will be more useful even if his OVR is lower.

Last edited by TheDelta; 03-14-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #146
MVP

So I drafted a new team recently, I used the Seattle Seahawks but really this team should obviously be called the "Tim Tebow Experience"

QB - The One & Only Timmy Tremendous Tebow!
HB - Best, Wells
FB - Conner
WR - Bryant, Thomas, Tate, Shipley
TE - Davis, Gronkowski
T - Okung, Britton
G - Iupati, Vasquez
C - Mack

DE - Sopoaga, Devito
DT - Williams, Cody
OLB - Curry, Cushing
MLB - Mayo, Washington
CB - Finnegan, Davis, Robinson, Murphy
FS - Thomas
SS - Berry

I wanted to make sure I got as young a team as possible to watch it grow with & around Tebow, as you can see I put almost all my high picks in the LBs and CBs, just grabbed Davis in the first round to have at least one high caliber weapon for Tebow to throw to, I gotta admit throwing to Davis almost feels like cheating, the CPU simply cannot cover him. Still, of course this team is struggling in its first season, there's a lot of potential here that has yet to develop (Conner and my DEs are the only players in the starting lineup without A potential). For anyone running a "thunder & lightning" running back combo (and if you're going for the long run, I don't think you can get a better one than Wells & Best, especially considering they were only my 27th & 28th round pick), I can only recommend using formation subs, since I've subbed Wells into most of the "larger" formations (2 TEs + FB) I get almost perfectly balanced numbers between them and can easily choose which one to run it with.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 AM   #147
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

So I filmed a raiders draft. I went back to go in and edit it... and you know that saying, "he likes the sound of his own voice?" Meaning he talks a lot? Well, I think i talk to much... and I literally don't like the sound of my own voice. Ugh.

The video is 1 hour and 10min long. I think I can do a lot better.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:05 AM   #148
Pro

Kahuma's Arena

OVR: 17

You really think Philip Rivers doesn't belong after Matt Ryan at the least?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #149
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Philip rivers, along with Aaron Rodgers both take big hits to their throwing power and OVR ratings after the conclusion of year 4 in every franchise I have simulated. In fact, from year 5 on, they quickly drop to 84 or so OVR players.

While I like them in real life, the game hates on them. it's as though the game thinks they are running back and they "hit the wall" at, or shortly after the age of 30. I wouldn't feel good about recommending them to you.

I have similar reasons for omitting other players as well. However, TheDelta is correct about Chris "Bennie" Wells. I need to remember to look up where he is drafted so I can put him into my guide.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #150
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Powerback = Legarrette Blount.
He's usually available well into the later rounds & does a great job of trucking thru many player on his way to the end zone. I always look for him to fill my 2/3 headed monster.
Best & Blount are usually the 2 I always have behind my starter. Sometime I just roll with these 2 & try draft a monster in the gernerated classes.

There's even a few FB that do a great job too, plus they have a great catching rating too. Reece is one that comes to mind. I'll have to pop in Madden again & look up the others.
"Jonas Val-Su-Eno-Wow-Sauce."
aka: Jonas Valanciunas
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps

Last edited by D-MAC©®; 03-18-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:51 PM   #151
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC©®
Powerback = Legarrette Blount.
He's usually available well into the later rounds & does a great job of trucking thru many player on his way to the end zone. I always look for him to fill my 2/3 headed monster.
Best & Blount are usually the 2 I always have behind my starter. Sometime I just roll with these 2 & try draft a monster in the gernerated classes.
Do you play with the latest roster update? I've never ever seen Blount last past round 5/6 which I think is a really poor value round for a HB. Either I draft so high that I have a shot at AP (really the only Running Back worth a top pick in the game) or I'll gladly pick up what's left in round 26-28, you can still easily pick up Best (most of the time, anyway, sometimes he gets picked in Round 13 by the CPU, but that seems to be the case only if you draft another HB in the early rounds), Wells (or Greene if you prefer him) and Bush, which is enough to have a very good rushing attack behind a good line. And they only grow stronger, and if you wait a couple years, you can easily pick up All Day's second coming in the draft, of which there's quite a couple to be found as it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just throwing a suggestion out there, whenever I draft a new franchise my 8th and 9th picks are my DEs in Jason peirre Paul, and Derrick Morgan...I sim the franchise while running a 3-4 and at the end of every season they end up with around 15-20 sacks each and after 2-3 seasons there both i'n mid 90s, and they are only Like 22-23 years old ...idk of they should be i'n you guide or not but they do really good for me...

Last edited by MR BRYANNT; 03-23-2011 at 10:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »