Home

Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:24 PM   #169
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
this is what I am tired of hearing already (see big RED text above)..
Yeah, but this year we have GamePlanning. I guess you just can't have both in one year. It really doesn't matter that much to me as of now, because Madden 11 is a pretty solid game this year. I haven't encountered all of my usual problems with the game, but of course, I'm not looking for them either.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #170
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Robert Flores Goes One-On-One With EA Sports Madden NFL 11 Game Designers (ESPN)

Am I the only one here who remembers a semblance of gameplanning from last gen? Whats more, you could go even further to create your own plays and playbook if you wanted. I forget which version, but I had drawn up some pretty sick plays on PS2 madden. And now Im supposed to climb on my roof and do the stanky leg just because we have a watered down version of a feature that was far more integrated into a last gen iteration? Perhaps you couldnt designate the situational probability of when to use those plays, but game planning is NOT an entirely new feature..Goodness, where are the standards.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
'When' we decide to announce a detail does not change the fact that we did announce this fact well in advance (2 months) of product release. I would say that my statement is true. We announced it just before E3 simply because we felt like our community was expecting a Franchise announcement @ E3. The news would not have been out of the bag @ E3 because we had our game modes locked out in that particular build. The more likely scenerio is that the information would have been out there in late July when we start sending out review code.

We don't typically announce 'bad stuff' at all during our PR calendar and only chose to do this after reading the forums. It was clear people were expecting changes that we were not going to deliver on. It's really as simple as that.

Phil
Ok, so other than my remark that it would have been known at E3, we agree...thanks for the honesty, Phil.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »