Home

Suffered a stroke but still play Madden (sort of)

This is a discussion on Suffered a stroke but still play Madden (sort of) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Suffered a stroke but still play Madden (sort of)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
It wasn't, my family was and getting quality medical care, when you are released from the hospital it's about what can you do for yourself like brushing your teeth and washing your body.
Believe me video games was the least of my problems, I just started playing again as my strength began to return and I started to learn to how to do things again. It also part of the rehab program to try and enjoy things that you use to do before you had the stroke. Life does not end if you survive a stroke or heart attack it makes you stronger and my love of playing video games is just a piece of getting back to normal or as close to it.
Oh, okay, just wondering, because it was kind of the same for me when I re-tore my ACL.......SOOOOOO boring!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good luck to you bro. Best wishes for a recovery
Old 09-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #27
Rookie

Cowboys63's Arena

OVR: 3

Just wanted to say that I hope your right side recovers quickly and your able to play the way you used to sooner rather than later. Being a 47 year old gamer myself thoughts of going through what you are or similar things has gone through my mind. Like you, other things like family, career etc. Would come first but doing the things I love would be very close behind. You are an inspiration to many of us and I wish you the best. Oh, Go Cowboy!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Best wishes and hopefully a speedy recovery. Another idea might be Head Coach from a few years ago. More strategy than stick skills
I was also going to suggest NFL Head Coach 09. It's very deep and addicting ... and can be had for under $10.

Another game you may want to check out if you are a fan of baseball is MLB The Show. It has Manager Mode and I know a few guys on here play that mode religiously.

Best of luck to you in your recovery!
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-15-2010, 01:15 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crob8822
Thanks guys for making this easier, I look into ways to play most of sports titles some of them i just watch the cpu play itself.
I pray that this doesn't happen too you, but I'm excercising and gaining stregnth. I hope to get the use of my right hand and arm so I can once again join a online league.

God bless everyone.
Also like you I enjoy the Coach/GM aspect more than actually playing the games and I also enjoy watching the game play itself. I don't know if you like baseball or not but MLB the Show's Manager only Mode is great and I would highly recommend it. Sorry to hear about the stroke my Dad suffered one a few years back and lost feeling on one side of his body and over time regained most of it back. God bless you and your family.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #30
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

@crob8822:Best of luck to you buddy,i am sure you will get your strength back just keep doing what you are doing ,when my father had a stroke years ago he lost for the most part the use of his right hand but he thankfully ended up getting enough feeling back in it to atleast use it some so i wish you all the best and god bless you man.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Total Respect for you and everything you do, people like you OP goes to show that we don't give up on anything and we can get over what ever it is thats hurting us.

Best Wishes.
Division Championships
NFC North: 0
Conference Championships
NFC: 0
NFL Championships: 0
Playoff Appearances: 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

My heart goes out to you Crob8822, hope you get the use of the right side of your body again. Your a credit and an inspiration, wish you all the best for the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »