Home

Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #217
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Patch 1.03 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputney23
Still no change for the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes?
I played a couple games with just default sliders on all-pro with the Steelers.

Without me controlling him, Harrison had 2 sacks in one game(vs. Ravens), and 1 sack in the other(vs. Titans).

I didn't have that at all previous the the latest patch, except with huge adjustments to sliders, and even then I had to actually control the OLB. I also held CJ to under 100 yards. That was something I was NEVER able to do before the patch. The Steelers' D actually seemed to play like the Steelers' D.

There's going to be debate if it's actually "fixed", bit it's a nice improvement.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #218
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The game after I played after the patch was a real good defensive battle.

I played on nearly ALL Pro, except I kicked up Pass Reaction Time to 60 on both ends and dropped fumbles to 25.

The score was 10-7 Packers over the Bears.

Loved every minute of it.
I actually tried this myself and i like it. For one it forced me to check down more so my yards per play went down, which means my scores went down.

Playing Saints @ Jags on 15 minutes the final was 22 - 3. Not bad considering the teams.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #219
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Does anyone know if this is the last of the patches? These patches came a lot quicker than '10's did, and I'm wondering if they halved these fixes to indroduce them sooner? I was shocked to see the 1.03 update in September.
I read somewhere that release day patches can be free, and this what allows us to get three patches. However, what ever the couldn't fix on release day that they need needed to be added or fixed was already being worked on. As far as other issues, they waited til the game was out.

I wouldn't say they halved them. I think we have to be thankful they came out this soon...not find a way to discredit them.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #220
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
What are you talking about ? Im playing with fight for fumble off and i have recovered more fumbles than lost.
I've had 10 forced fumbles and zero recoveries. What else can I say?
Old 09-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #221
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1
Madden is far inferior to NCAA this year, which is sad, because it's usually the other way around. When I go from playing NCAA to Madden, it feels like I go from playing a football video game to an arcade football game. Also, Madden is so offense heavy this year, no matter how I tune the sliders, my games are always 56-24, 63-14, 49-45. NCAA, I can tune the sliders for a defensive (realistic) game that ends 21-17. Too bad this patch did nothing to fix this stuff, because I prefer to play with NFL players, rather than NCAA ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #222
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89OneHanded
Madden is far inferior to NCAA this year, which is sad, because it's usually the other way around. When I go from playing NCAA to Madden, it feels like I go from playing a football video game to an arcade football game. Also, Madden is so offense heavy this year, no matter how I tune the sliders, my games are always 56-24, 63-14, 49-45. NCAA, I can tune the sliders for a defensive (realistic) game that ends 21-17. Too bad this patch did nothing to fix this stuff, because I prefer to play with NFL players, rather than NCAA ones.
I have no idea why I see statements like this from time to time saying there's no way to have a defensive game.

If you raise many defensive sliders, like the reaction time ones, and keep offense sliders low, you won't see games hitting the 40's often let alone 50's or 60's.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #223
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4
its nice they fixed the issues they added above. I'm still having an issue inviting friends to ranked games unless I'm doing something wrong..i go to invite friends then switch it to ranked after i confirm the invite it takes me to the chose team screen and then someone else randomly appears. anyone having any luck with this?

also i would love to see a patch if possible to use the ps clock like ncaa does and also us visual lighting to have shadows creep across the field as the game progresses. they had this on madden 06 for next gen systems but have totally screwed it up this last 3 years or so by leaving it out. i believe the live weather option actually works however so that parts cool.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 5

Disgusted !! about what they did with the kicking meter online

57 yrd FG's are like kicking extra pts. now ....How does that make simulation sense EA ?

Before update you were actually seeing missed FG's like you see every week in the NFL, but now it's been made easier than ever before

After all these years !! Why is this part of the game sooooooo difficult to get right

This goes for the punting game also

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »