Home

Who suffers the most since EA and Microsoft can't come to terms?

This is a discussion on Who suffers the most since EA and Microsoft can't come to terms? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2003, 10:54 AM   #9
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Who suffers the most since EA and Microsoft can\'t come to terms?

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Well I think that EA had the opportunity to slam the door on VC, but now that EA won't be on XBL, this is just giving VC the opportunity to close the gap even further...

tru tru
Old 08-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
It helps the consumer. Competition for an online network helps us. Monopolies are bad for everyone!

Geez could you put that Microsoft hatred aside in these discussions. How you ever purchased an Xbox is beyond me. Do you were gloves when playing it as to not get Bill Gates cooties?

Right now it is as close to a monopoly as you can get. To play EA online you have to use the PS2. You are actually contradicting yourself.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:06 AM   #11
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

A - I never "bought" an xbox but as you know I do have one(as I played you before).

And I am not contradicting myself. If EA were to go on xbox live then they would not be developing their own online network. Therefore, competition for online gaming would be limited(to one service) and we would all suffer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 11:14 AM   #12
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Well I'm not concerned with all that monopoly/anti-monopoly stuff -- all's I know is, I won't be playing Madden [online] on my Xbox, and I'm not happy about that.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 17

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
A - I never "bought" and xbox but as you know I do have one(as I played you before).

And I am not contradicting myself. If EA were to go on xbox live then they would not be developing their own online network. Therefore, competition for online gaming would be limited(to one service) and we would all suffer.

I honestly think that you would not care if Microsoft was not one of the parties involved. By the next generation I can assure you that Sony will have it's own network similar to XBL. So now where does this leave EA? Will they simply opt out of putting games online because Sony/MS won't use THEIR network. Force people to buy their PC games if you want to play online? I guess time will tell who exactly the bad guy is here.

Once again right now you can only play EA games on the PS2, call it what you want.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:53 AM   #14
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

davidgilmour said:
You guys are crazy neither of them suffer they both got more money then i'll ever even think about in my lifetime.

Ding ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner
Old 08-05-2003, 12:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

HitDoctor said:
Quote:

davidgilmour said:
You guys are crazy neither of them suffer they both got more money then i'll ever even think about in my lifetime.

Thank you someone with some sense

Ding ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #16
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Neither...sadly only the fans suffer =/

Outside of the fans, I don't think either side really suffers. EA is still going to sell a truckload of games for PS2 and Xbox(maybe not as many)regardless. MS on the other hand may sell more copies of their own football franchise without the competition of Madden. Also, I think X-Live has sold more online kits than the PS2 despite having 40 million less consoles sold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »