Home

Comeback AI is alive and well

This is a discussion on Comeback AI is alive and well within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Comeback AI is alive and well

These fumbles and dead on passing instances happen to me constantly. There is DEFINATELY comeback AI in this game.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:21 AM   #10
Rookie

Its just funny to watch the defense make great plays and then all of a sudden they have their backs to the recievers or run in the wrong direction or just don't finish the play. I had one time where the cpu threw a hail mary and 2 of my DBs just stopped running, stood there and watched the reciever make the catch (who then ran in for a TD) and I was like WTF?

It's just that its so abrupt how the AI fluctuates just because of time on the clock.

And its even more apparent this year because of how well the defense ai has been improved overall.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Boiler, I'm sorry but if you have been up 35-0 & the team came back then AGAIN, there is something wrong with your skills kid. Maybe I should think more highly of my game now that I'm hearing you guys. The most the compu has ever come back on me for a win is 2 touchdowns going into the 4th quarter. When I'm up 35-0, it usually ends up like 52-14. A 35-0 comeback...kill that noise dude. In fact, the compu has never even came back on me after being down 21-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 11:07 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I played with the Bills yesterday against the Ravens. I was up 17-0 at half and won 20-3. No 80 yard passes from Kyle Boller in the 4th Quarter. No 4 TD's in a 90 second span with 2 minutes left. This mythical comeback AI is just that; a myth that is perpetuated with each and every version of the game.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:09 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:

But a fresh Eddie George or Marshall Faulk should NOT fumble the ball being hit on the opposite of the ball by some scrubby corner. Especially when I'm not doing a special move.

And 1 more thing, Eddie & Marshall do fumble in real life. I've seen it...anybody else. I'm sure the Titan fans remember his fumble in the playoffs against the ravens a couple of years back. Oh believe me he fumbles.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:11 PM   #14
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:

eugreene2 said:
Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:

But a fresh Eddie George or Marshall Faulk should NOT fumble the ball being hit on the opposite of the ball by some scrubby corner. Especially when I'm not doing a special move.

And 1 more thing, Eddie & Marshall do fumble in real life. I've seen it...anybody else. I'm sure the Titan fans remember his fumble in the playoffs against the ravens a couple of years back. Oh believe me he fumbles.

And if they are playing the whole game there are not fresh!!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:16 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

I guess the Comeback AI was in the NFL last year when the Niners beat the Giants in the playoffs huh??? LOL
Giants where slaughtering them and SF came back to win it.

It feels like its in there, but if your winning by 35 the computer is gonna go for bigger plays to try to get back in the game on Offence.

As for fumbling......i dunno how they decide how and when the RB is gonna fumble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is probably no comeback AI when you have a team down run the ball and dont try to run up the score there is no point unless your trying to pad your stats. I don't really know if there is a comeback AI but when I get up big and start fooling around the CPU comes back because I do stupid stuff, but when I just run the ball I have yet to have a problem. Good Luck hope that helped some!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »