Home

Comeback AI is alive and well

This is a discussion on Comeback AI is alive and well within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-15-2003, 11:37 AM   #41
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Comeback AI is alive and well

Quote:

Graphik said:
Quote:

YankeePride_YP said:
some of you people are funny.

Comeback AI? LOL. Get real.

You ever thought of giving your starters some rest every now and then?

I wonder how my CB/S would feel late in the 4th quater after running around the field tipping footballs all over the place.

Tired.

Learn to sub and give guys breathers. Learn to cover deep. Learn to use the Dime/Nickel Packages.

Learn to use a different gameplan.

Why do guys always blame our defensive skills for the comeback AI. What about the two fumbles by two diffrent guys in a most needed drive. What about the bogus holding call that comes as soon as they know you're gonna get a first down. What about the WRs knocking down powerful TEs to stop you in your tracks. What about WRs or TEs droping 2-3 passes in a row.

Its not just our defensive skills, its the game and thier uncanny ability to jerk you at every opportunity they get. Defense, offense, Specail Teams, it does'nt matter, if the cpu wants you to lose or give the ball up, they will get their way. And its predictable on top of it.

I agree. If I lose a game on a bad defensive play on my part then that's fine, my bad. When I lose a game because every conceivable bad play happens to me on both sides of the ball, that's a little suspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2003, 01:14 AM   #42
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont understand these people who say "there is no comeback," or there is no "Robo QB". You have to be crazy or dumb not to realize it. Ohh and by the way in the past I've fumbled on NCAA when it was late in the game and I had a lead trying to preserve it, I dove on the ground to avoid being hit and I STILL fumbled, with no contact other than myself and the ground. And lets not forget my personal fav. that if your able to fight through the cheating, when you finally are able to get a good offensive or defensive play you'll get a roughing the passer or a 15 yd facemask.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:39 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

I personally did not enjoy getting 10 straight holding calls against me last year. I understood the first call, I understood the second, hell, I understood the 3rd. The 4th kind of made me wonder. The fifth started to annoy me. The 6th was making me a little pissy. The 7th made me want to kill Jeremy Strauser. Let's just say, after all 10. I was not too happy. Matter of fact, I found this to be a trend in the last two minutes. I'd always get 2 or 3 calls on a drive. I even subbed guys out who held, and still their back up would hold. I'm just wondering why guys like Derrick Deese found it necessary to hold Dan Wilkinson.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:09 PM   #44
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Old 08-18-2003, 01:03 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

For the guy with the "Joe Montana Jerry Rice Steve Young and Terrell Owens - The Original Four Horsemen" quote... Learn some history. Nothing about that quote makes sense... from grouping them together to calling them the original four horsemen... ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2003, 01:17 AM   #46
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Not saying that Comback AI doesn't exist but I have to say Bad things Happen to good people. Terrel Owens in his Career has dropped some balls in key drives to win games but he has also caught a few. Players have brain farts during games in crucial times. All in all it is frustrating to lose a game you feel you should when for reasons outside your control but how do you think the players on all losing teams feel. You can't when them all even when you think you are supposed to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »