Home

Moving back to an old Madden game..

This is a discussion on Moving back to an old Madden game.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Moving back to an old Madden game..

Yeah, it's hard to dive into Franchise mode and see the same problems. Going into the Free Agent list and needing to sign a few players.
They are asking for $600,000! Click in to sign and you find out it's $1.5million for one year to sign this player for the "USER"!
Then find that the CPU would have signed the player for his initial asking price of $600,000!

I have played a half of one game so far. Franchise is just to important to me and when I hear and see what "The Show" is offering and just shake my head.

Hoping that Madden 12 is the year of Franchise mode.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

I would say Xbox just for the graphics. I have been thinking about going back to 05 too but I'm too lazy to dig out my PS2 and set it up. I really wish I could play the PS2 games on the PS3.

I'm hoping that M12 is the year of the franchise as well. After ignoring M11 in favor of RDR and Just Cause 2 for a couple months the only thing that got my back into Madden was SS mode!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yep I am an old gamer myself (47) I am heading back to Madden 2005 for the PC. I like the way it plays and of course the franchise mode. I think it is the best Madden.

Mike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed! I got an old ps2 and i ordered Madden 06 and it just came in and im addicted!! The franchise mode is soooooooooooo much better!!! I probably wont be playin Madden 11 anytime soon lol BTW i got it for 99 cents!! sweet deal
Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgneousMold
what features does madden 11 on ps2 have?
Seasoned gamer myself, days away from 43. I didn't get the ps2 version this year, got it last year and was pretty much the same game as 05 I thought. I too would like to hear about 11.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnin with Scissors
Seasoned gamer myself, days away from 43. I didn't get the ps2 version this year, got it last year and was pretty much the same game as 05 I thought. I too would like to hear about 11.

From what I remember the only difference is the mini-camp is still there. I could be wrong though.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Madden 05 was the last one that let you use your created play book in Franchise mode (I never understood why... it's FRANCHISE, you play by yourself usually).

Their play books are good, but no where near realistic enough for me. I created a Mike Martz book that actually has real shifts from his play books (I use audibles to make the shifts, creating the two formations so that they exactly mimicked real shifts from his play book). They don't really have the right formations or motions or shifts in the standard play books, but 05 is the last one that you can modify and use in Franchise mode, unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #16
Rookie

I just got Madden 11 on psp and it is fantastic. It plays just like the ps2
versions but with up to date jerseys and rosters.

It has a great on field hot and cold system as well as weekly challenges that earn you points to upgrade players.

The feel of running is amazing, the players actually feel like they have weight and momentum.

This game also has the best duke in any sports game ever. Its a quick duke done by hitting triangle and makes only a small change of direction but you lose no speed. Feels so real.

Also, their are a ton of different breaktackle animations and they are all
great. There are short and longs ones and they can all be interupted by
defenders!!

I played through a the first year of my franchise in about 3 days and couldnt wait to start a new season, a feeling I havent had with Madden
since ps2!!

EDIT: And you can create your own plays and use them in franshise. I originally got this so I could try uploading set plays to Madden on ps3. I will never touch my ps3 copy again after playing this.

EDIT2: Mini camp is in the psp version, so I would think it would be in the ps2 version.

Last edited by ceeejay; 01-25-2011 at 01:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »