Home

Does player height or weight in Madden matter at all?

This is a discussion on Does player height or weight in Madden matter at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Does player height or weight in Madden matter at all?

Considering just the ratings, yes I'd rank AP higher of course, but for some reason, I've never managed to be succesful with him and I got no idea why.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
Well I can't help but disagree. I run a "backfield committee" of Jahvid Best and Beanie Wells in my fantasy franchise and I can guarantee you that Wells manages to fall forward WAY more often than Best does, I've had enough games to compare them to each other. Ratings do matter, it's that simple. Do they matter as they should? Definitely not. Is O/D-line play crappy? Most definitely is.

But to claim those ratings wouldn't matter at all in my opinion just mean you haven't played the game enough and actually watched for it. I've watched my running game explode with the same back from one season to the next with two new interior linemen, there's definitely a difference in the blocking.
Well...before I traded the game in I ran with the Eagles and Desean Jackson fell forward. That should never happen as he's 169 lbs. There have been a myriad of videos showing 160 lbs. created half backs with the lowest strength rating possible breaking tackles, but if you think that ratings matter in Madden 12, I don't know what to tell you.

Quote:
But to claim those ratings wouldn't matter at all in my opinion just mean you haven't played the game enough and actually watched for it.
That statement says it all. You shouldn't have to pay extra attention to see the influence that the ratings, other than speed, have on the game. You don't have watch for speed to make a difference; it's obvious, and it should be obvious with strength and weight too.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 03-16-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
That statement says it all. You shouldn't have to pay extra attention to see the influence that the ratings, other than speed, have on the game. You don't have watch for speed to make a difference; it's obvious, and it should be obvious with strength and weight too.
Thank you for making my point.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
Rookie

Bengals28's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymaker52
Meh, I still think Mendenhall, or even Ryan Mathews are better power backs after progression. Mendenhall will have 99 truck, and stiff arm to go along with his 90+ speed, and Mathews will progress to 99 truck and stiff arm to go with his 92 speed. And Mendenhall is about the same size as Wells. My favorite backs in Madden are the bybrid backs, the ones that have both power and speed. I would probably rank my favorite backs in Madden like this:

1. AP
2. Rashard Mendenhall
3. Ryan Mathews (After progression)
4. Jonnathan Stewart
5. Beanie Wells

I have no use for backs that lack a little of both, ie Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno ect.
No Cedric Benson?

And yeah height nor weight matter in this game, unfortunatley.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

http://forums.xbox.com/29841326/ShowPost.aspx

this was discussed on the xbox forums. I included the link, as I think you guys would have good thoughts to contribute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Thank you for making my point.
How am I making your point ? If ratings had a significant influence on game-play, they should be obvious. When punters and kickers are stonewalling above average defensive tackles, ratings aren't influencing the game. When 160 lbs. HBs with the lowest strength, and break tackle ratings, are shrugging off defensive tackles, ratings aren't making a difference, but hey, if those rose colored glasses go with your outfit, than by all means, rock those rose colored glasses.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
How am I making your point ?
Since you obviously didn't even bother to fully read my posts before ranting away I'll repeat it for you.

Quote:
Ratings do matter, it's that simple. Do they matter as they should? Definitely not. Is O/D-line play crappy? Most definitely is.
Claiming they wouldn't matter at all is simply factually wrong.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
How am I making your point ? If ratings had a significant influence on game-play, they should be obvious. When punters and kickers are stonewalling above average defensive tackles, ratings aren't influencing the game. When 160 lbs. HBs with the lowest strength, and break tackle ratings, are shrugging off defensive tackles, ratings aren't making a difference, but hey, if those rose colored glasses go with your outfit, than by all means, rock those rose colored glasses.
Kind of a pet peeve of mine, honestly, Madden isn't programmed to handle a punter on the line with those ratings, why would it? feasibly it should never happen, but bugs in which they play that position do happen, but it's rare and it's ultimately pointless to put punters on the oline to show "ratings are broken." Basically, even the worst olineman doesn't get beaten every play. One time when a 160 lb halfback (which hardly exists) shrugs off a defensive tackle, isn't the end of the world, it won't happen often and COULD happen in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »