Home

Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #377
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
pylons were in Madden 03. You could create plays in football games in the 90's. Dynamic crowds should just be a given these days.

I could go on and on, but I think the majority here have already said it. Madden is doing the same thing over and over, and it appears they still haven't changed for 12. Unless Madden feels fresh and new(gameplay & features), I'm not buying it this year. I can't keep supporting the system they currently use. The only way were going to see sim gaming, is by forcing the NFL to get rid of the exclusive. The only way to do that....skip Madden.
Agree, but the NFL already has their $. They feel EA is the choice for NFL video football gaming.

Way too early for me to pull the plug on 12, I need to see the blogs and videos before I pull the plug. A healthy improvement of franchise mode will win me over.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #378
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 12 Video - First Look Reveals Custom Playbooks, What Else Can You Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Way too early for me to pull the plug on 12
Anyone who's made this decision likely made it long before the teaser, there's simply not enough out there.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM   #379
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Agree, but the NFL already has their $. They feel EA is the choice for NFL video football gaming.

Way too early for me to pull the plug on 12, I need to see the blogs and videos before I pull the plug. A healthy improvement of franchise mode will win me over.

That is the bottom line for me. I am very happy with the gameplay. It's Madden to me. I have been playing Madden since the Genesis days and have been loyal. But this must be addressed in 2012 in a big way for me to make the purchase. I enjoy Madden 2011 on the field. But off the field it is snore a fest.

It needs to be what we all have been expecting since the move to the new consoles.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #380
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:

I agree with what your saying. However, I was watching one of the simstandard vid's and it showed some up close footage of the teaser video. Now, if the teaser video was last year footage, I guess it's no big deal, but I'm guessing that isn't the case. From what I saw, still sliding around on skates. Still defensive players moving on a track system. To be honest, it looked like the same game. If you watch that vid, it actually shows a lot more then one would think in such a small clip.

I would love to believe Madden 12 wil be awesome. It's really the only chance we have of a great NFL game right now. I have my doubts, but I really hope they prove me wrong.

We haven't seen much, and it could have all been old footage. But from what little we did see, it didn't look that good to me. I actually thought the NCAA lighting video did a better job at gaining my interest personally. I don't even like NCAA football.

I thought Madden 10 was a huge move in the right direction for the current gen Madden series. I thought Madden 11 was only a baby step in the right direction. We need to get rid of all the sliding this year. I just can't handle that another year. For me, iall the sliding is really really bad, and makes the game feel extremely arcade.

Last edited by wheelman990; 04-09-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #381
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
I agree with what your saying. However, I was watching one of the simstandard vid's and it showed some up close footage of the teaser video. Now, if the teaser video was last year footage, I guess it's no big deal, but I'm guessing that isn't the case. From what I saw, still sliding around on skates. Still defensive players moving on a track system. To be honest, it looked like the same game. If you watch that vid, it actually shows a lot more then one would think in such a small clip.

I thought Madden 10 was a huge move in the right direction for the current gen Madden series. I thought Madden 11 was only a baby step in the right direction. We need to get rid of all the sliding this year. I just can't handle that another year. For me, iall the sliding is really really bad, and makes the game feel extremely arcade.
Sliding been in madden since day 1.Thats the only thing I always gave them a pass on.(Its like a you should know sliding is in the game no matter what gen.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tBKNXEEQ9w

Last edited by lofeazy; 04-09-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2011, 06:06 PM   #382
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Sliding been in madden since day 1.Thats the only thing I always gave them a pass on.(Its like a you should know sliding is in the game no matter what gen.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tBKNXEEQ9w
True. Very true. I just can't give em a pass anymore. Been sliding for too long and now my eyes just catch it all the time.

I also can't handle the track system. Where 4-5 guys do the same moves at the same time.

For me, this is much worse now then it was last gen. No other football game this gen has those issue's even close to how bad Madden does(although I am not saying those other games are perfect).

Last edited by wheelman990; 04-12-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #383
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
True. Very true. I just can't give em a pass anymore. Been sliding for two long and now my eyes just catch it all the time.

Like I said I always give them a pass on that.

I hate to break your heart(),but if you look at the madden 12 video when they kick the field goal there is sliding.(Look really good.)
Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #384
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I also can't handle the track system. Where 4-5 guys do the same moves at the same time.

i know what you mean. i wanna turn the game off every time i see that happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »