Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

Havn't read all the posts in this topic, just the the first post and like all the changes that are mentioned in it.

Just some questions about the cpu GM quality which was not mentioned. I'm talking about things like the CPU never trading for a player with other cpu's or making a proposal to the player, very few draft pick trading, cpu's re-signign guys for multi year multi $ deals when they had them on the trade block for a year, etc.

Also a new scouting system was mentioned, but what about how the CPU scouts and drafts? Players that had high potential could just as easily go in the 4th round as they could go in the 1st round. I have no problem with an A-potential player being available in the 4th round, it actually was a good feature since a guy like Tom Brady was picked 199th in real life as well. But no team in the league thought at that time that Brady was 1st round material. In madden 11 however my scouts have rated a lot of players as very high potential who turned out to be A or B potential, but the cpu teams did not rate these guys that high since they were available in the 4th or later round. That isn't realistic at all.

So just wondering if things like this have been changed as well.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #418
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInSaratoga
I can't wait to find out what the actual numbers are on scouting opportunities. It will really effect strategy. Do I get enough where I can take a few "scouting fliers" on late round guys with plus physical traits or are they so rare that I can't afford to spare any from the processing of vetting my top 1st and 2nd round targets?
I'd like to know this too. Also, will there be a scouting slider or difficulty level? That way if we feel we're getting the chance to scout too many guys to the point that drafting becomes too easy again or vice versa we could scale it accordingly. This isn't a big deal if the scouting is only offline cuz then we just have to be honest with ourselves and use house rules. But if its also available online a slider or difficulty setting would be a good idea.

By the way, thanks to the facebook group guys for answering some questions. Are there any CD guys who could answer the remaining questions about franchise throughout this thread? Or did you guys not really get a chance to go into franchise mode?

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #419
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
Just some questions about the cpu GM quality which was not mentioned. I'm talking about things like the CPU never trading for a player with other cpu's or making a proposal to the player, very few draft pick trading, cpu's re-signign guys for multi year multi $ deals when they had them on the trade block for a year, etc.
A couple guys from the facebook discussion group confirmed that the CPU only initiates trades during the draft. It follows some sort of formula weighing BPA against need. If it doesn't fall into a certain range they'll try and trade down to a team (CPU & HUM) that better matches that need for the BPAs.
Normal CPU initiated player-player trades during the offseason and season won't be in this year. They did say that the amount of draft day trades is comparable to the amount that the NFL had in real life last year though.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #420
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Personally, I think the fact that the CPU puts players on the trading block is fine with me. If I need a RB, im fine with scouring the block to see who's offering what, and we can negotiate from there. The CPU not trading in season could be a good thing anyway, because we could have a situation where The Eagles trade DeSean Jackson to the Rams for Steven Jackson or something. I think NBA 2k11 had sort of a safeguard where the Lakers weren't trading Kobe unless you gave both arms and both legs, so to speak, but it's not really a big deal. Again, to me.
That's the point. Once a CPU controlled team puts a player on the trading block, only a user controlled team can negotiate a trade. I'd be fine with the trading block if CPU teams would make offers for that player. Otherwise the User has an unfair advantage.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #421
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
I think this gets to an issue/question about these streaks.

How rigid are they?

Ok, they reset after 3 games. But do they all last for 3 games? In other words, does one good (or bad) game set a hard template for two more games, or do they instead last for up to, but not more than 3 games.

If they vary in duration, then keeping in your starter with the hope that he may turn things around before the end of the game not only makes sense, it also offers some possible chance he won't suck again next week.

Otherwise, why not just identify your cold players and bench them until the streak is over, once three games are up?
I think I read on twitter that they vary in length...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #422
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Just a word folks.....I'm seeing alot of questions about trading players at draft time, or in general. Doesn't happen all that much in the NFL. How many players were traded during the draft this year or last year? they trade picks but rarely players. Sometimes you'll get a player for a pick trade but rarely player for player. It's not like baseball. I can count on one hand the the number of NAME players traded in the last year or so for picks and even less for another player. The cpu is probably more realistic in that regard now.
Be careful what you wish for. I'd rather have what they have now than a franchise mode with a cpu running amuk (sp?) trading Manning and Brady etc (unless they are at the end of their careers......).....trades aren't the big part of the NFL like it is in baseball.
True, but the problem is if the User can initiate trades in the off season and season but the CPU can't, it alows you to 'cheat' the league. I know for my franchise I won't initiate any non-draft day trades, but it does take a lever away from building your team.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #423
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Just a word folks.....I'm seeing alot of questions about trading players at draft time, or in general. Doesn't happen all that much in the NFL. How many players were traded during the draft this year or last year? they trade picks but rarely players. Sometimes you'll get a player for a pick trade but rarely player for player. It's not like baseball. I can count on one hand the the number of NAME players traded in the last year or so for picks and even less for another player. The cpu is probably more realistic in that regard now.
Be careful what you wish for. I'd rather have what they have now than a franchise mode with a cpu running amuk (sp?) trading Manning and Brady etc (unless they are at the end of their careers......).....trades aren't the big part of the NFL like it is in baseball.

It happend more than you think...Especially trading players for draft picks...It couoldnt happen this year during the draft becasue of the labor situation.

Here are just some recent examples
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Cassell
Randy Moss-to Patriots-then to Vikings
Donovan McNabb
Santonio Holmes
Antonio Cromartie
Braylon Edwards
Ellis Hobbs
Roy Williams (WR)
Charlie Whitehurst
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall
Old 05-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #424
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It happend more than you think...Especially trading players for draft picks...It couoldnt happen this year during the draft becasue of the labor situation.

Here are just some recent examples
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Cassell
Randy Moss-to Patriots-then to Vikings
Donovan McNabb
Santonio Holmes
Antonio Cromartie
Braylon Edwards
Ellis Hobbs
Roy Williams (WR)
Charlie Whitehurst
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall

Like I said, you sometimes get player for pick trades (and you came up with more than I remembered!!!!! ) but how many of these were on draft day? And none were for another player. That's really my point...yes trades happen but it's not like baseball...they aren't that common.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »