Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 07:16 AM   #425
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Like I said, you sometimes get player for pick trades (and you came up with more than I remembered!!!!! ) but how many of these were on draft day? And none were for another player. That's really my point...yes trades happen but it's not like baseball...they aren't that common.

I understand the what you are saying (especially the payer to player trades), but I hope in the future the CPU will trade (even if its only in the offseason or draft time) players for picks (especially aging players who are the decline or just need a change of scenery)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 07:22 AM   #426
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Like I said, you sometimes get player for pick trades (and you came up with more than I remembered!!!!! ) but how many of these were on draft day? And none were for another player. That's really my point...yes trades happen but it's not like baseball...they aren't that common.
Actually there are alot of trades involving players on both sides. Yes its not at the level of baseball or basketball but its still a pretty good amount. Here's a list of trades from 2009-2010:
http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/nfl-trade-tracker

11 trades where players were involved on both sides. And according to that list of 37 trades none of them took place during the actual draft.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 AM   #427
Rookie

ThisIsReality's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well no one is asking for the garage selling-esque trading that happens in MLB The Show... we at least want it to actually happen. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when all you see from the CPU teams in the league transactions is releasing and signing for 10 seasons.

Also, you're pretty pessimistic about it all! Relax, with adembroski testing the franchise mode extensively and Josh's knowledge about creating a great franchise mode with the work on HC 09 you can be sure this is in good hands.

Last edited by ThisIsReality; 05-17-2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #428
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I don't think anyone can still refer to this generation of Madden as a lost generation. Based on the franchise blog alone.
1 good game (if it in fact does turn out to be a good/great game) doesn't change the fact that '06 - '11 were dead years as far as NFL games.

With that said I'm pretty excited about this blog and eagerly await more news and info. I also will be pre-ordering it as soon as it gets closer. Want to make sure which stores have the best deals.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #429
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Actually there are alot of trades involving players on both sides. Yes its not at the level of baseball or basketball but its still a pretty good amount. Here's a list of trades from 2009-2010:

11 trades where players were involved on both sides. And according to that list of 37 trades none of them took place during the actual draft.
Sorry, that list wasn't entirely accurate. According to nfl.com in 2010 there were 34 draft day trades and 21 trades made during the offseason. 8 of the offseason trades involved players on both sides (one 3-way trade)

Still thats no small amount of trades that happen outside of the draft.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #430
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

I have been one of those 2K faithful who has been waiting for the Madden team to catch up with some Franchise features and based on what I'm reading and seeing I may give this game a shot - at least a rental. While I still may not be in love with the gameplay, it's simply been too long for a Franchise-head like myself to keep going with an NFL2K5 franchise mode, and if I really need the gameplay I can always go along with the (now growing) slightly stale 2K football engine of APF2K8. With that said, being a cheery-picker Madden customer - one who buys it on occassion - this one may seem like it's worth it.

I'm really hoping for good things out of this game in terms of Franchise. It's been a long time since I could simply sit back, relax, and spend hours starring at a screen full of numbers and figures while the wifey asks me, "Why the hell aren't you actually PLAYING the game?" She'll never understand. haha
Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #431
Banned

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory
Same stuff we know.

I love that when you look at the pic
You see Todd Collins saying ,"Just give me one shot. This is my one chance"
This is HILLARIOUS...sorry Todd...ill probably cut you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #432
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37

Like I mentioned earlier I would like to see some trades, but not too many...Most teams should keep their players while they are still productive...I dont want to see Manning, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger, Peterson, C. Johnson all traded after year 1...I just think at some point they could be traded due to declining production

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »