Home

Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #457
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlinG
I've read through the whole thread. I don't think we've confirmed whether only ratings are editable, or other features of players as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd like to know this.
Other features of players were always editable. I remember changing the equipment for every player in franchise just so they could have what they wear on sundays. So i'd think it's still in, just with ratings added. I hope the ability to edit ratings and traits in online franchise is locked though, or only limited to the commish. Gonna have to see how that goes, if it's available.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #458
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Blog - Franchise Mode in Madden 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
Other features of players were always editable. I remember changing the equipment for every player in franchise just so they could have what they wear on sundays. So i'd think it's still in, just with ratings added. I hope the ability to edit ratings and traits in online franchise is locked though, or only limited to the commish. Gonna have to see how that goes, if it's available.
Fair enough...names/height/weight included? That will be awesome if it's true
Boston Celtics
Old 05-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #459
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlinG
Fair enough...names/height/weight included? That will be awesome if it's true
I don't think the Height and weight were editable, but I'm not sure. At a point in time, Im certain at least the weight was, but as for last year, I don't know, I stopped playing around the end of August.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #460
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

With the dynamic player performance and the dynamic gameplans, any chance we'll see quarterbacks, or other positions for that matter, get benched for poor performance?

I think I already know the answer, but this is something I've been hoping for for years.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #461
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
With the dynamic player performance and the dynamic gameplans, any chance we'll see quarterbacks, or other positions for that matter, get benched for poor performance?

I think I already know the answer, but this is something I've been hoping for for years.
HOPE so but i can care less , if my QB is playing ****ty he will be benched end of story

id like to see more Subs in General if a teams RB , QB , WR , TE or even Lineman (same for defensive guys ),is getting beat id like to see the Coach pull him because he is ONLY hurting the team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #462
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

The Madden 12 team has posted a video letter to us franchise fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wejQIqaZepM

Nothing really new there, just another targeted outreach to the franchise fan base.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 05-17-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #463
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer

That is a good question, but I think it would happen over time unless the guy doesn't have a "QB of the future" or "Franchise QB" role.

Say Alex Smith struggles right out of the gate this year in Madden, regardless of the cold streaks. If he goes on two 3-week cold streaks, or is just wildly inconsistent, will the 49ers be able to recognize that, bench him, go with the "QB of the future" in Colin Kaepernick, and cut their losses in the offseason and move on (as mentioned by the improved "Cut Dead Weight logic" and revamped team re-sign) and if so, AT WHAT POINT?

Or, if a guy like Jay Cutler continues to struggle and loses his "Franchise QB" role in Chicago after a year or two. Will the Bears possibly bench Cutler after a while and see what they have in Caleb Hanie, try to ship Cutler out-of-town, and possibly draft a QB if they realize Hanie isn't the answer? Will they sign a "mentor-type" stop-gap QB to compete and eventually mentor if they feel they have a diamond-in-the-rough with Hanie?

Also, if Cutler IS traded to say, the Raiders, can his play allow him to regain the Franchise QB role?

Last edited by JaySmooov; 05-17-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #464
TLF
Rookie

TLF's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
The Madden 12 team has posted a video letter to us franchise fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wejQIqaZepM

Nothing really new there, just another targeted outreach to the franchise fan base.
the guy on the Youtube channel toke the words right outta my Mouth

"Your pretty much***65279; suckin the "fans" dick***65279; with this one"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »